• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! What's the best DC 52 that I missed?

13 posts in this topic

So, I've been slowly returning to the world of comic book collecting, after a 20 year absence (that started about the same time Grant Morrison left AM). :preach: I'm feeling my way back in with the new DC 52, and I've tried out about 15 titles so far.

I'd like to try about 2 or 3 additional titles, and would love your feedback regarding what I should try (and what I should definitely avoid). ???

Here's what I've read so far:

Under the category of "definitely will keep collecting": :angel:

Animal Man

Swamp Thing

Batman

Under the category of "will keep collecting, but verdict is still out for how long" hm

Frankenstein

Wonder Woman

Blue Beetle

Captain Atom (not so good, but have enjoyed the character in his 1987 series)

Action

Justice League (probably just for the first story arc)

Under the category of "read and will Not collect": :devil:

Hawk and Dove (not bad, but not good enough)

Green Lantern (well done, but I think I'm GL'd out)

Green Lantern Corps (Well done, but again, I think I'm GL'd out)

Demon Knights (well done, just didn't feel compelled to find out what's next)

DC Universe Presents (well done, just decided I wasn't interested enough to find out what's happening next)

Legion Lost (just bad!)

Still to come:

Resurrection Man (had to get it online, as it my LCSs were sold out)

Batwoman (had to get it online, same reason)

Justice League Dark

Superman

The Flash

Teen Titans

So what did I miss that I really should have read? :gossip:

P.S. (can't get a copy of Detective anywhere - if you have one you could sell me, please PM me!)

Thanks for the pointed. I had read that thread, and enjoyed it. I've also been reading online reviews, and together that's been a helpful pointer. My dilemma is that in the town I live, our LCS is small and if you don't get the comic on Weds, you're out of luck. So by the time I read the reviews, the books that were well reviewed, that I did not pick up, are gone...

I'm going to order a few online, and since shipping is $5 for 1 or 5 books, I thought I'd see what I missed that I can order all at once...

You should try an online service if you have a hard time getting books locally. My local is about 40 minutes away so I just use an online service and get them shipped to my door every month.

By the way, Red Hood and the Outlaws WAS good, you should give it a shot.

You should try an online service if you have a hard time getting books locally. My local is about 40 minutes away so I just use an online service and get them shipped to my door every month.

By the way, Red Hood and the Outlaws WAS good, you should give it a shot.

Any recommendations on a good online service? hm