• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - The Pinstripe Empire is Striking Back!!

109 posts in this topic

Look out Boston fans!! - the yanks are knocking at your door!!

Sorry I just had to say something, because it seemed that there sooo many

threads out there bashing NY I figured 6 straight wins should help the bandwagon

jumpers climb back on board again.

I know, I know NY is the best team money can buy...

but it is nice to see them win, because I've been a yank through the good times and the

bad. The 80's were harsh but I waded through it.

As for one, I've never held anything against the Red Socks and I wish you the best

at getting that Bambino Monkey off of your back.

But as for now - as all ways - I must support my boys...

GO YANKS!! cool.gif

threads out there bashing NY I figured 6 straight wins should help the bandwagon

but it is nice to see them win, because I've been a yank through the good times and the

As for one, I've never held anything against the Red Socks and I wish you the best

GO YANKS!! cool.gif

GO SOX, GO SOX!! thumbsup2.gif

GO YANKS!! cool.gif

Weelll, who knows you might get lucky this year...

NE won the superbowl

Uconn won the mens basketball tourney

Shoot there would be no talking to you

englander boys if the Red Soxs took it all. makepoint.gifgrin.gifinsane.gif

If you want to see real baseball come over to the National League. hi.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself... I can't remember the last time I looked at a AL box score - oh yeah, last year during inter-league play (which sucks).

The Yankees and Red Sox are pathetic in their attempts to "buy" a championship. That kind of one-upmanship is just helping along the ruin of MLB (along with an unnaturally strong players union).

The New York Times reports that in a bid to be more competitive with Boston and Baltimore, Yankee owner George Steinbrenner has signed yet another fireballer to add to an already talent-laden starting rotation (see photo below)

nytiefighter.jpg

We have you now....

ooo.gif

If you want to see real baseball come over to the National League. hi.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself... I can't remember the last time I looked at a AL box score - oh yeah, last year during inter-league play (which sucks).

The Yankees and Red Sox are pathetic in their attempts to "buy" a championship. That kind of one-upmanship is just helping along the ruin of MLB (along with an unnaturally strong players union).

do i really have to mention the Florida Marlins?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

didnt they write a book after winning the series called..."How to buy a World Series"!? grin.gif

From nypost.com:

YANKEES: PEDRO IS WELCOME

By EVAN GROSSMAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PEDRO POWER:

If Pedro Martinez were to trade Red Sox togs for Bronx pinstripes, Yanks say he'd be one of the guys.

May 3, 2004 -- Pedro Martinez this weekend halted contract negotiations with the Red Sox and says that he'll test the market as a free agent following this season. So you all know what that means:

Cue the "Imperial March" music, because this intriguing situation could end with the greatest villain in the Yankees-Sox rivalry wearing Pinstripes next season. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that the pitcher best known for headhunting Yanks and tossing elderly bench coaches to the ground could one day make his home office on the mound at the Stadium.

Impossible, you say. Out of the question, others might scoff. But after the Yankees landed Alex Rodriguez prior to this season, nothing seems impossible or out of the question in The Bronx anymore. Not even bringing Martinez over to what many Bostonians refer to as "the dark side" could blow anyone's mind around these parts. Not anymore.

"No, that wouldn't blow my mind," Jason Giambi told The Post yesterday. "Nothing surprises me anymore. If he can work it, he'll make it happen."

"He," of course, is The Boss. And because George Steinbrenner and GM Brian Cashman have loaded the Yankees clubhouse with the finest collection of slugging talent ever assembled, there would be few to zero eyebrows raised if word came down they also snared a pitcher of Pedro's ability.

Martinez, who is making $17.5 million in this seventh and likely final season with the Red Sox, ended contract negotiations this weekend after he felt the team was "lying, trying to fake that they're signing us when they never made an effort strong enough to make us actually think about anything," he said.

The three-time Cy Young winner was seeking a three-year extension, plus an option, and will now look outside of Beantown for work next season.

"I'm just glad that I don't get paid to make those decisions," Bernie Williams said. "He's one of the great pitchers of his generation and it'll be interesting to see where he ends up next year . . . it's hard for me to talk about Pedro, but I think he would want an opportunity to play for a team that wins."

If he does join the Yankees, many said that bygones would be bygones and the Yankees would welcome him as one of their own.

"It's not like that," Mariano Rivera said. "He's not the enemy, he just wears the jersey."

And perhaps Martinez will be wearing one with Pinstripes sometime soon. But would that really surprise anyone?

Not around here, it wouldn't.

...and tossing elderly bench coaches to the ground

Poor old Zim!

He looked like an old sack of potatoes rollin' off of that mound!

Funny as it was - You gotta give the ole' war dawg a "A" for effort

for trying to take on todays Steriod pumping youngbucks!! grin.gif

zim.jpg

...and tossing elderly bench coaches to the ground

Poor old Zim!

He looked like an old sack of potatoes rollin' off of that mound!

Funny as it was - You gotta give the ole' war dawg a "A" for effort

for trying to take on todays Steriod pumping youngbucks!! grin.gif

zim.jpg

that was probrably the saddest thing I have ever seen in baseball! foreheadslap.gif

uh - schilling got dumped yesterday by cleveland for the red sox 4th consecutive loss. when coupled with the yanks 6 straight wins (Oakland wouldn't have a losing record except for their run-in with the yanks) only one game separates the two teams...........

and you know what?? it's EARLY - anything can and probably will happen by season's end.

Barry Bonds playing in Shea stadium for the next 3 nights - almost tempted to go and see him perform. his brand of "juice" must be way better than anybody else's as he not only hits for more power, but is a better and more intelligent hitter than anybody else playing the game. truly the modern day babe ruth (and i don't care for the dude, in particular).

here's an AMAZING stat; (and i know - it's early in the season) the Babe did a career best homerun per every 11.76 at bats. Bonds' current tear is a Homerun for every 8.9 SWINGS!!!!!! if you watch the giants this year so far and see Bonds swing and miss twice, you've also seen him hit a home.

you can't make this s**t up............ 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Here we go again. yankee fans always seem to disappear when their teams getting drubbed but as soon as they win a few games it's right back on the ole bandwagon.

The Yankees and Red Sox are pathetic in their attempts to "buy" a championship. That kind of one-upmanship is just helping along the ruin of MLB...

Yankees payroll 184.2 mil

Red Sox payroll 127.3 mil

184.2mil = buying a championship

127.3mil = putting together a championship team.

uh - schilling got dumped yesterday by cleveland for the red sox 4th consecutive loss

Schilling only gave up 2 runs in 7 innings.

Someone bust out the yankee fan Off Spray their coming out of the woodwork!

CRC

Red Sox Nation yeehaa!

Yankees are averaging 46,000plus so far,an increase of 12,000 fans per game over last season.

They have already sold 3.1 million tickets for the season. With walkups,you are looking at almost four million for the year.