• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEY MITCH, THE GA FORUM NEEDS YOU...

23 posts in this topic

Yeah, plus we all wanna hear how well your recent sales did after pimping the value of investing in GA comic books beforehand. Let's MANNUP 'round here! :headbang:

Were the actual sales publicized? I saw a mention in one of the forums, but is there more information available?

Yeah, plus we all wanna hear how well your recent sales did after pimping the value of investing in GA comic books beforehand. Let's MANNUP 'round here! :headbang:

Were the actual sales publicized? I saw a mention in one of the forums, but is there more information available?

Check the Heritage Archives (August Signature Auction)? Not that I know anything, but in the 3 months leading up to that auction, Mitch had nearly 500 posts, most of which extolled the virtues of investing in GA Comic Books. In the last month? 8 posts...just sayin'. (shrug)

Check the Heritage Archives (August Signature Auction)? Not that I know anything, but in the 3 months leading up to that auction, Mitch had nearly 500 posts, most of which extolled the virtues of investing in GA Comic Books. In the last month? 8 posts...just sayin'. (shrug)

hm Well, his business might've kicked into high gear. (shrug) There are a lot of bad drivers out there, ya know, ...just sayin'. :gossip:

If this is true, then I'm really disappointed in the guy. It's a pretty disrespectful thing to have done to this community. Especially considering how he started all those self-aggrandizing threads. Very sad... if it is true.

If this is true, then I'm really disappointed in the guy. It's a pretty disrespectful thing to have done to this community. Especially considering how he started all those self-aggrandizing threads. Very sad... if it is true.

Well whatever his motivation was, those threads for the most part, were painful to read.

Well whatever his motivation was, those threads for the most part, were painful to read.

Surfer, I feel your pain, but I wouldn't judge Mitch too harshly.

My wife and I spent an evening hanging out with Mitchell during our week hold-over in San Diego after ComicCon. Whatever you may think of him on-line, I can attest to the fact that his passion for collecting is real and in person he's a nice guy. As for the awkwardness of his posts, everyone has strengths and weaknesses when it comes to on-line interaction, myself included.

Regarding the possibility that Mitch may have shown disrespect for the community by trying to jack up interest in material he had up for auction with Heritage, I haven't seen any evidence of this and would hope that isn't the case.

I do believe that Mitch's involvement here is good for the GA board. When he was actively posting folks seemed more involved. I have no idea why he hasn't posted here recently. He may be busier than usual right now or perhaps just lost interest due to the occasionally combative nature of board interaction. Your guess is as good as mine. (shrug)

I do believe that Mitch's involvement here is good for the GA board. When he was actively posting folks seemed more involved.

People were more "involved" in the same way that people on the street are more "involved" when there is a trainwreck.

If you want the kind of activity stirred by Mitch, go hang out in General. GA should be better than that.

Here is the good news,a in late Nov a major article about comic book investing is coming from one of the big investment magazines. It could have very significant impact on GA and comic book investing in general.. I have not seen the final edit....so anything goes.

If it is as good as I hope it would be, I will be going to write a new part of JOACBC.

This Nov ha.auction contains some of the most significant comic books and comic book art ever offered and including possibly the single finest comic art painting in existance. I am have been working hard to get a war chest up. I check the site everyday and appreicate such great information.

Writing the check is always the hardest part with the side that says do it and the the side that says you are fucccckkinng crazy do not do it.

this is a tough time for any collector who gives a dammmmm. Now its just the waiting, about 2 months to go.

An awful lot of speculation going on here. Mitch could be busy or, hard as it

is to believe, may have tired of us.

Even if his primary purpose was to pimp his books he wouldn't be the first and

it's hardly a crime.

it's hardly a crime.

Maybe he will show up in this thread.

it's hardly a crime.

Maybe he will show up in this thread.

:whatev: What are the odds ?

the only thing I have sold on ha.com is art, comic art, thats it,no comic books. I do not need to "pimp" anything, and talk about disrespect come on guys.

It was in one auction only. If you know me, I do not sell, pimp or trade comic books. I have nothing in the Nov auction. I do trade with a few select collectors for very rare material that I have know over the years. I am not a "pimp daddy"