• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 52's

23 posts in this topic

Yo,

Before I begin, I know that my spelling and punctuation sucks. Feel free to tell me so anyways.

I have not read a comic written this century, (maybe a wolverine or two in 2000-2001)

After 1994 I lost interest in comics and could not jump back on with the newer generation.

I have instead been buying up and reading all the silver age Marvels I could never afford as a kid. And for the most part none have disappointed me.

Even more recently I have been aquiring Timely's. It is amazing reading them, the topics, art and just the way they are written.

In my collecting and aquiring of books the past 7yrs, I have accidentally came across some SA DC's and I kinda like BatMan and Superman. However alot of those books were cheesy, still entertaining.

So when the DC 52's came out and I heard the hype of them selling like a "die-cut, primatic, gatefold covers" from the 90's I said, "I will give em a shot"

I bought them all, except Animal Man and Supergirl as I could not find those issues.

I started with Action Comics, then went to Superman (obviously I missed some part of the story in Stormwatch) and the last one I read last night was Detective.

I liked all three books for different reasons. I cannot wait to read all the other Bat titles tonight.

Maybe I am mis-informed, or stretching my imagination to force myself to like them............

But if DC can take a DIE HARD Marvel fan that has lost all interest in modern comics, and turn him into a fanboy all over again. I think they may have something here. I think they can save a dying hobby.

Just a thought

Oh look. Another DC 52 thread. zzz

index-1.jpg

Grumpy.

Why do you nerds always think I'm bitter or grumpy?

Do you not realize satire when it's slapping you in the face? hm

index-1.jpg

Grumpy.

url.jpg

And keep your hm in your pants perv. :baiting:

:jokealert:

Could you give some examples please? - this is a genuine question as I am not up on the modern scene but would value some recommendations. Thanks

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but it is kind of related to the op (thumbs u

Green lantern, justice society, batman, action until last year, flash, green lantern corps, 52 was a good series, justice league has also been enjoyable.

Recently red robin and batman and robin were good series. Looking forward to the new nightwing also.

index-1.jpg

Grumpy.

No, they have been conditioned so that unless something has a :baiting: it is a personal and vicious attack!

index-1.jpg

Grumpy.

No, they have been conditioned so that unless something has a :baiting: it is a personal and viscious attack!

Yeah. I'm sooooooo vicious. RAWR!

index-1.jpg

Grumpy.

No, they have been conditioned so that unless something has a :baiting: it is a personal and viscious attack!

Yeah. I'm sooooooo vicious. RAWR!

That makes you sound like Liberace's Lion.

9b9db288.png

index-1.jpg

Grumpy.

No, they have been conditioned so that unless something has a :baiting: it is a personal and vicious attack!

Who is this "they" you speak of kemo sabe? Are you not a part of the nerd nation?

index-1.jpg

Grumpy.

Who is this "they" you speak of kemo sabe? Are you not a part of the nerd nation?

Based on your lack of :baiting: I'm offended. :baiting:

index-1.jpg

Grumpy.

Based on your lack of :baiting: I'm offended. :baiting:

:slapfight:

bite.jpg