• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,407 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Really?I know about the Super reprints,but I thought these were from the same series.

Nevermind, I screwed up.  What else is new?  lol  I thought Robot was calling the one he posted #1, but I see now that it is #3.  I deleted my comment.  Well, Merry Christmas, anyway. :foryou:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Nevermind, I screwed up.  What else is new?  lol  I thought Robot was calling the one he posted #1, but I see now that it is #3.  I deleted my comment.  Well, Merry Christmas, anyway. :foryou:

Merry Christmas friend! I thought maybe I was missing some info!

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Anyway, here's my #2...but someone wrote their name on the cover...

16573514482_b13b467935_c.jpg

#2 is very cool for the awesome short story "Hot Box" – by the King of course! :)
Merry Christmas everyone, if you’re on Facebook make sure to check this ww2 related project:

16426244_747668868743512_454486180742891

Thanks to @jpepx78 which is also involved in it!

Foxhole No_2_int01.jpg

Just now, Tri-ColorBrian said:

thank YOU Sir...not many people would pay me $5,000 for this issue, but I know you're good for it.  You'll love it...(thumbsu

I'd be lucky to have one of your books for my keeper collection..... and it would NOT be flipped..........GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

25 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Jack was a really nice guy.  I've told the story elsewhere, but when he signed that book it was in his kitchen.  We just knocked on his door and he invited us in...those were the good old days...

Jimbo's signature was also done at the Kirby's. :cool:

Just now, Tri-ColorBrian said:

when they lived in thousand Oaks, CA?

Yes, in 1991. I came from Italy in the hope to meet him and… it happened!
When I visited he signed me a few gifted items, among them two mini-posters and I gifted one to Jim. :)
I never traveled again by plane since then. xD