• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,407 posts in this topic

@Robot Man I was told that, at the time that I submitted these, the Salida collection was so new at that the store stamps weren't recognized.  I'm sure that if I were to resubmit them they would be properly noted and I think they might bump up a bit in grade, but why waste the money or a resub?

7 minutes ago, walclark said:

@Robot Man I was told that, at the time that I submitted these, the Salida collection was so new at that the store stamps weren't recognized.  I'm sure that if I were to resubmit them they would be properly noted and I think they might bump up a bit in grade, but why waste the money or a resub?

I see your point. None of mine are even slabbed at all. Just looked like they missed them. The markings are well known if you decided ever to sell them. Kind of odd that they noted the one with out the "Cookies" stamp.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:08 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Thank you that is an awesome war combat photographer cover :cloud9:

Image result for star spangled war stories 16

Metropolis Comics has one for sale :baiting:

Spoiler

5a2763e098127_SSWS16.thumb.jpg.233fb1550ef8b0bb16b23898b6bd8a7e.jpg

On 11/3/2017 at 6:31 PM, Scrooge said:

Agreed on both counts. It's a book I'd love to add to my collection at one point.

Only recently did I become aware of the source material for Kirby's cover - Joseph Hirsch's High Visibility Wrap

634187837987268750.jpg

which itself was used on the cover for the June 1951 cover of Stag -

stag_195106.jpg

I just found my new profile photo :idea:

I had no idea about that magazine :whatthe:

Edited by creaturefan95
merged two posts into one and fixed a typo