• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,407 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2023 at 6:58 AM, buttock said:

Heritage is going to be having an auction focused exclusively on War comics.  I'm pretty excited to see where things settle out.  So far there are some pretty stellar offerings.  A War 11 in 7.5, the previous high offering was 5.5!  That's remarkable after over 20 years of CGC.  An 8.0 Battle Action 11 (scan not up yet), 7.5 Battle Action 15 (friggin tough book), the top census (7.0!) Battlefront 15, Men's Adventures 20 in 9.2!!!, War Adventures 13 in 8.0 (a 6.5 got more than $2k, jeez), and War 23 and 26 in 8.5 stand out to me so far.  Should be a nice barometer of where the market is.  I can't believe there hasn't been a War 11 offered publicly in even 6.0 before this.     

Will be on the hunt for one in particular…

I don't know how good the stories are, but I'm drawn to the Battle Cry books just based on the covers. And I have very little interest in war comics generally. I'm especially interested in finding a copy of Battle Cry #1, but really I'd love any of the books in the series. Best war covers IMO