• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A young man plowed into the back of my car today ...OUCH !

42 posts in this topic

I had just left the house 5 min before. Was going down Centennial and came to a red light at Pioneer Pkwy. I was about 6 cars back and came to a complete stop behind the car in front of me. For some reason I just happened to look up right then in my rearview to see this big Nissan driving full speed (about 30 -35) into the back of my car. I don't think the guy even hit the brakes.....WHAM !! He plowed me right into the vehicle in front of me. I can't imagine how it would feel to be completely blind to a hit like this. I was thankful that I looked up one split second before impact. I don't think it helped anything. My body still slammed back against the seat and then into the steering wheel. The impact knocked the ashtray and rack right out of the dashboard. I cut my hand on something..... which began bleeding, but I still can't figure out what it was, and my inner arm scraped along some kind of sharp object too. I don't know what that was either. I was looking around for something sharp and within range but have no idea how it happened. His vehicle was totalled. Mine most likely is also. The guy in front of me didn't have too much damage, but his bumper and tow bar mashed the grill out of the front of my car. My body kinda hurts...... I've never been in an accident where I was driving .....in my whole life !! I can't say as I care for them. I think this car is done.

IMG_7696.jpg

First thing, I hope you are ok :) . Second; Jesus, what a peese o chit that driver was :mad: Did you manage to stick around and find out what possible excuse he/she had for driving like an imbecile? (shrug)

A pick up hit me like that on the highway. Cars were stopping because a State trooper was parked under an overpass and the traffic backed up. I also saw her hit me a nano second before the collision. My head snapped forward, and popped up as she then was then hit by a car which hit me again. Except for a sore neck it wasn't that bad. Jettas could take a hit. But their engines stink.

My Toyota got mangeled by a Toyota Tundra in a hit in run. The damage was way more then that, but they didn't total it. So I had it repaired. I was lucky that I have a good repair shop that would do it less then the estimate from the insurance company, so I didn't have to shell out $500 for the deductable.

I had just left the house 5 min before. Was going down Centennial and came to a red light at Pioneer Pkwy. I was about 6 cars back and came to a complete stop behind the car in front of me. For some reason I just happened to look up right then in my rearview to see this big Nissan driving full speed (about 30 -35) into the back of my car. I don't think the guy even hit the brakes.....WHAM !! He plowed me right into the vehicle in front of me. I can't imagine how it would feel to be completely blind to a hit like this. I was thankful that I looked up one split second before impact. I don't think it helped anything. My body still slammed back against the seat and then into the steering wheel. The impact knocked the ashtray and rack right out of the dashboard. I cut my hand on something..... which began bleeding, but I still can't figure out what it was, and my inner arm scraped along some kind of sharp object too. I don't know what that was either. I was looking around for something sharp and within range but have no idea how it happened. His vehicle was totalled. Mine most likely is also. The guy in front of me didn't have too much damage, but his bumper and tow bar mashed the grill out of the front of my car. My body kinda hurts...... I've never been in an accident where I was driving .....in my whole life !! I can't say as I care for them. I think this car is done.

IMG_7696.jpg

Wow that really sucks.Hopefully you wanted a different car anyway.But im really glad you wernt hurt.

Try a couple of Aleve it will help your body aches.

I plowed into the back of a young lady today. No cars were involved.

hm

I can't believe your speechless here. You could have really ran with that as only you could.

DR.X

That hit is going to hurt today.

See a doctor.

Was the kid texting?

So what was the insufficiently_thoughtful_person's excuse? Was he texting and driving?

Thx everybody. You all are right. I didn't hurt yesterday, but today my neck especially aches.

As for the texting.... I think that must have been it. Being the sixth car in line puts you pretty far back from the actual intersection where the light is. The kid (who was 22) must have thought he had a ways to go before getting up there cuz he was not even slowing down when he hit me.

Tommorrow, insurance agent and Dr. appointment. :P

oh yea, I overheard the kid when the cop asked him how fast he was going and he said ..... about 15 lol. Does that look like 15 mph damage

Someone pulled out in front of me while I was doing 45mph, my car spun out and my neck went side to side and I could hear/feel it cracking. 12 years later and I can't carry heavy backpacks or give my kid a ride on my back without getting an extreme tension headache, I never recovered.

Not saying you wont, but I hope it turns out okay for you.