• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A young man plowed into the back of my car today ...OUCH !

42 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear of this, Mike.

Thx Mike......and everybody. Stuff happens I guess, it just usually doesn't happen to me. I think thats the end of my 1997 Buick LeSabre :P

My advice from experience is to go to the ER and get checked out immediately after an accident, then go get a lawyer to deal with the insurance companies for you...my wife was rear ended at a stop light and it was a nightmare...you would think someone high on meth in a full size truck slamming into a stopped car at a red light would be a clear cut case, but these scumbags will try everything to save a dime.

Farmers insurance are the worst bunch of criminals I've ever dealt with.

My neck and my back! I want $150,000.....

But we can settle out of court right now for $20. :grin:

Aw, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. God. Oh, I'm hurt. Oh, my neck, my back, my neck and my back. Oh, I want $150,000, but we can settle out of court right now for twenty bucks.

How about a pack of envelopes....forgot the rest

That hit is going to hurt today.

See a doctor.

Was the kid texting?

So what was the insufficiently_thoughtful_person's excuse? Was he texting and driving?

Thx everybody. You all are right. I didn't hurt yesterday, but today my neck especially aches.

As for the texting.... I think that must have been it. Being the sixth car in line puts you pretty far back from the actual intersection where the light is. The kid (who was 22) must have thought he had a ways to go before getting up there cuz he was not even slowing down when he hit me.

Tommorrow, insurance agent and Dr. appointment. :P

oh yea, I overheard the kid when the cop asked him how fast he was going and he said ..... about 15 lol. Does that look like 15 mph damage

Welcome to the world of whiplash. Get thyself to a good chiropractor ASAP and get checked out. Get treated before it turns into something more serious and permanent.

No way he was going 15 if he chained 3 cars. I would be all over his insurance company's butt. They are on the hook for a lot of expense -- medical, auto repair/replacement (remember to go after them for loss of value to your car if they do a repair instead of replacement), pain and suffering (if you want to go that route).

Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

Sorry to hear of this, Mike.

Thx Mike......and everybody. Stuff happens I guess, it just usually doesn't happen to me. I think thats the end of my 1997 Buick LeSabre :P

97 LeSabre? Sorry Mike, they would write it off if it had a cracked windshield.

Or a small scratch in the paint lol

New ride in the house !! Well, in the drive way actually :grin:

I know it looks black, but its really a dark forest green. The color shows much better in sunlight.

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

I am feeling almost back to normal. Sometimes I turn a certain way and get a pain, but I think with continued stretching that will go away also. Its been one week today. Mike the historian :grin: