• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling slabbed (non CGC) comics in the selling forum

133 posts in this topic

I love how this forum can turn anything into drama. While people jumped to conclusions, including myself, the intent of the OP would seem that he intended on causing those very perceived conclusions.

Hey, I was clearly in the wrong for starting this thread for the reasons I started it. I'm MANNINGUP. I can take my lumps.

Jeffro, the OP I meant was Rupp...sorry I wasn't clear.

I believe his intent was to cause folks to ask if they were CGC books and he was evasive to cause questions, drama, etc. We just reacted the way he wanted us to. We bit the bait but he fed it to us.

I was wrong also. I'm manning up

Jeffro, the OP I meant was Rupp...sorry I wasn't clear.

I believe his intent was to cause folks to ask if they were CGC books and he was evasive to cause questions, drama, etc. We just reacted the way he wanted us to. We bit the bait but he fed it to us.

I was wrong also. I'm manning up

It was a diversion. At least give him kudos for making it a pretty good one.

Quite enjoying the bantering about what he's done here, and its very obvious that if publicity was intended, then he got his in spades.

Lemme jump in here in Rupp's defense on one thing. Really only found one :eyeroll: statement that stood out like a sore d**k in the "Lets get our facts straight" dept.......

My guess is the Iron Man comics were CGC also.

It's moot at this point. It was his intent to create an issue.

I like Davey's idea that all graded books must show the labels in their entirety to be eligible to be sold in the selling forums. That would put an end to this sort of nonsense. We have other forms of nonsense that are much more worthy of attention.

Doc I understand where you are coming from. But my nature is for less rules and regulations.

The rule is CGC only or raw. Why would we assume anything else????

Because of the selling thread that generated this thread. Oh, and people lie.

I bought from him before, similarly to many other boardies, and to paint him with that brush is a little bold. Is that his first sales thread to even flirt with this statement?

He pushed the envelope, he didn't lie.

Oh God, I'm defending Watson.... doh!

Watson didn't say RUPP was lying. He said PEOPLE lie.

General is to Specific

as People lie is to The selling thread that generated this thread.

Important distinction.

I love how this forum can turn anything into drama. While people jumped to conclusions, including myself, the intent of the OP would seem that he intended on causing those very perceived conclusions.

Of course he did.

Rupp's hands aren't clean.

;)

Hey, I was clearly in the wrong for starting this thread for the reasons I started it. I'm MANNINGUP. I can take my lumps.

No you weren't. Not entirely.

:)

As Watson said (Oh God meh ), it was poor form all the way around.

Yeah, but it makes for good reality tv. (thumbs u

Yeah, but it makes for good reality tv. (thumbs u

Wait, which thread? The GA thread is totally vanished from the face of the earth.

This mess makes comic collecting in general and this board specifically no fun anymore.

Couple of responses spring to mind:

1. That's why I don't do my comic collecting in general. I do it in the Silver, Bronze, and Copper sections.

2. Don't be such a wet blanket. Getting worked up about nonsense like this is dumb. Ignore it, find what you DO like, and stick with that.

Quite enjoying the bantering about what he's done here, and its very obvious that if publicity was intended, then he got his in spades.

Lemme jump in here in Rupp's defense on one thing. Really only found one :eyeroll: statement that stood out like a sore d**k in the "Lets get our facts straight" dept.......

My guess is the Iron Man comics were CGC also.

It's moot at this point. It was his intent to create an issue.

I like Davey's idea that all graded books must show the labels in their entirety to be eligible to be sold in the selling forums. That would put an end to this sort of nonsense. We have other forms of nonsense that are much more worthy of attention.

Doc I understand where you are coming from. But my nature is for less rules and regulations.

The rule is CGC only or raw. Why would we assume anything else????

Because of the selling thread that generated this thread. Oh, and people lie.

I bought from him before, similarly to many other boardies, and to paint him with that brush is a little bold. Is that his first sales thread to even flirt with this statement?

He pushed the envelope, he didn't lie.

Oh God, I'm defending Watson.... doh!

Watson didn't say RUPP was lying. He said PEOPLE lie.

General is to Specific

as People lie is to The selling thread that generated this thread.

Important distinction.

An implication used in context is an accusation. Why even state that when it does not apply?