• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling slabbed (non CGC) comics in the selling forum

133 posts in this topic

Just looked through all of the threads and, while I admit Rupp didn't immediately say, "Of course they aren't PGX graded," he didn't do anything wrong in my eyes.

He was selling books with his usual tomfoolery. Then a couple of hotheads got riled up. One of them being that always even tempered Mark1. He could have squashed it all immediately, but that isn't his style.

Mmmm mmm mmm, this is some good :popcorn:

:eyeroll:

Nummy. :popcorn:

It's just nice to see you attacking someone besides me for a change, Davey.

You can understand why I'm enthralled.

:luhv:

Looks like I owe rupp an apology. These are CGC books after all. I'm not sure what his game is but clearly he is selling CGC slabbed comics so this thread never should have been started.

Looks like I owe rupp an apology. These are CGC books after all. I'm not sure what his game is but clearly he is selling CGC slabbed comics so this thread never should have been started.

Mmmmm....

I dunno about that.

He was clearly playing A game, just not the game you thought he was...and it was, after all, a reasonable assumption for you to make.

;)

I think Rupp, inadvertently, proved a point about some folks on this forum.....

Not sure what the point was. (shrug)

Once he was questioned if he was selling PGX books, he deliberately evaded the question to wind people up and lead people to believe that he was violating the guidelines. Has it actually been confirmed that the Iron Mans that started the whole thing weren't PGX? (shrug) Sure, Jeffro was wrong in his assumption that led him to start this thread but do many people believe that he was in the wrong? Not me, personally.

I think Rupp, inadvertently, proved a point about some folks on this forum.....

It also pointed out that an amendment to the selling guidelines is in order, i.e. slabs should be pictured in their entirety.

Quite enjoying the bantering about what he's done here, and its very obvious that if publicity was intended, then he got his in spades.

Lemme jump in here in Rupp's defense on one thing. Really only found one :eyeroll: statement that stood out like a sore d**k in the "Lets get our facts straight" dept.......

My guess is the Iron Man comics were CGC also.

It's moot at this point. It was his intent to create an issue.

I like Davey's idea that all graded books must show the labels in their entirety to be eligible to be sold in the selling forums. That would put an end to this sort of nonsense. We have other forms of nonsense that are much more worthy of attention.

Doc I understand where you are coming from. But my nature is for less rules and regulations.

The rule is CGC only or raw. Why would we assume anything else????

Because of the selling thread that generated this thread. Oh, and people lie.

I bought from him before, similarly to many other boardies, and to paint him with that brush is a little bold. Is that his first sales thread to even flirt with this statement?

He pushed the envelope, he didn't lie.

I love how people feel they have to create a complex reply about people who make a reply about people who jump to conclusions and feel they have to create a thread to talk about a conclusion suggesting sales thread that people feel they have to create a reply about.

I love how people feel they have to create a complex reply about people who make a reply about people who jump to conclusions and feel they have to create a thread to talk about a conclusion suggesting sales thread that people feel they have to create a reply about.

Yeah. rantrant

I love how this forum can turn anything into drama. While people jumped to conclusions, including myself, the intent of the OP would seem that he intended on causing those very perceived conclusions.

:roflmao: guilty here.