• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 (1938) CGC 9.0 on the census

398 posts in this topic

if i called two grades on every book, I would hit it most of the time also

Except for that frickin XM 49 you sold me as an 8.0 that came back 6.0, you big dork.

:popcorn:

FU Canadian.

:takeit:

Except for that frickin XM 49 you sold me as an 8.0 that came back 6.0, you big dork.

To be fair the two grades he picked on the XM49 were 8.0 AND 6.0. (thumbs u

You consistently make me laugh out loud. I love you so much. :roflmao:

:whee:

So, what's the status of the Nic Cage copy?

Since it was recovered, does it belong to him or to the insurance company?

Subrogation

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Subrogation in its most common usage refers to circumstances in which an insurance company tries to recoup expenses for a claim it paid out when another party should have been responsible for paying at least a portion of that claim.

More specifically, subrogation is the legal technique under common law by which one party, commonly an insurer (I-X) of another party (X), steps into X's shoes, so as to have the benefit of X's rights and remedies against a third party such as a defendant (D). Subrogation is similar in effect to assignment, but unlike assignment, subrogation can occur without any agreement between I-X and X to transfer X's rights. Subrogation most commonly arises in relation to policies of insurance, but the legal technique is of more general application. Using the designations above, I-X (the party seeking to enforce the rights of another) is called the subrogee. X (the party whose rights the subrogee is enforcing) is called the subrogor.

Subrogation

Subrogation in its most common usage refers to circumstances in which an insurance company tries to recoup expenses for a claim it paid out when another party should have been responsible for paying at least a portion of that claim.

More specifically, subrogation is the legal technique under common law by which one party, commonly an insurer (I-X) of another party (X), steps into X's shoes, so as to have the benefit of X's rights and remedies against a third party such as a defendant (D). Subrogation is similar in effect to assignment, but unlike assignment, subrogation can occur without any agreement between I-X and X to transfer X's rights. Subrogation most commonly arises in relation to policies of insurance, but the legal technique is of more general application. Using the designations above, I-X (the party seeking to enforce the rights of another) is called the subrogee. X (the party whose rights the subrogee is enforcing) is called the subrogor.

Can you sum that up in about 8 simple words?

Subrogation

This is pure conjecture, because I don't know what the insurance company did or did not do.

If the insurance company paid Cage in full for the item, then they are subrogated to his rights as against the bad actor. So they have his rights against them, and typically also have all rights to any property that is recovered that relates to the claim. They may have had a side agreement as to what would happen if the book were ever recovered. I am sure there will be or were discussions about who might obtain a windfall if the book ever showed up.

Subrogation

Who cares. Somebody is going to make bank.

and when was this exactly? News to me.

Oh, you remember. JJ ended up buying the Steranko SS in one of my SS FAIL sales threads. :baiting:

To be fair the two grades he picked on the XM49 were 8.0 AND 6.0. (thumbs u

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Oh, you remember. JJ ended up buying the Steranko SS in one of my SS FAIL sales threads. :baiting:

:popcorn:

quit trying to start mess. Seriously how long ago was this and now you're saying something?

If the insurance company paid Cage in full for the item, then they are subrogated to his rights as against the bad actor.

Is "bad actor" a legal term or commentary on his acting ability. hm

Subrogation

This is pure conjecture, because I don't know what the insurance company did or did not do.

If the insurance company paid Cage in full for the item, then they are subrogated to his rights as against the bad actor. So they have his rights against them, and typically also have all rights to any property that is recovered that relates to the claim. They may have had a side agreement as to what would happen if the book were ever recovered. I am sure there will be or were discussions about who might obtain a windfall if the book ever showed up.

I understand. I'm just curious if the details of this situation are public.

If it's being sold on behalf of the insurance company.

If the money is shared with Cage.

If anyone has been arrested in the theft of the items.

...and were any of the other comics stolen from him recovered? IIRC, there was a nice (possibly some pedigree) copy of Tec 27.

Is this the Al Davis thread? The Columbus Day thread? Thanksgiving? Diet? Music? LUXX? Motor vehicle accident? Out of context? Birthday? My office?

:banana:

Subrogation

I understand. I'm just curious if the details of this situation are public.

If it's being sold on behalf of the insurance company.

If the money is shared with Cage.

If anyone has been arrested in the theft of the items.

...and were any of the other comics stolen from him recovered? IIRC, there was a nice (possibly some pedigree) copy of Tec 27.

Cage is the bad actor. :banana: