• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 (1938) CGC 9.0 on the census

398 posts in this topic

It'll go for $2 Million, maybe slightly more as there are only a couple of known copies in better shape.

I'm not sure there is a better copy other the MH. I think it was established that the rumored "other hg" copy was the 8.5.

Yes, and this is exactly why I don't think it will have much problem going for more than $2 million dollars. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best copy in existence, with the top copy not expected to see the light of day during our lifetime. hm

Just how old is Anderson?

Pretty damn old,but his son collects comics too.He's got a hell of a collection in his own right.

Is his collection OO?

(shrug)

I personally don't think the book is going to break $2MIL but I could be wrong. $1.5MIL-$2MIL wouldn't surprise me.

Somewhere around where the 8.5 sold to maybe a touch more just because this one is a little nicer looking.

anyone selling it in this economy is an idjit :preach:

+1 (for this particular book)

they should wait a few years with :wishluck:

IMHO

Though I think this is one of those books that aren't affected by the economy. 2c

If someone other than an insurance company or bank is selling a book like that now, I agree they possibly aren't the swiftest arrow in Clint's quiver. If it does go up for sale....whoever buys it is a very fortunate and smart individual. (and the underbidder is huge beaver and will need Lunesta and Jack the rest of their life)

IMHO

Though I think this is one of those books that aren't affected by the economy. 2c

Probably right, but I think there are few less plausible buyers in this niche of a pool than a few years back though.

IMHO

+1.

The buyers that can afford an Action #1, in the first place, probably aren't hit too hard by the state of the economy.

I'm still thinking around 2.5 for this book.

IMHO

+1.

The buyers that can afford an Action #1, in the first place, probably aren't hit too hard by the state of the economy.

That is what I am thinking, there is no sweat off the ballz of a millionare or billionare to buy this book.

IMHO

+1.

That is what I am thinking, there is no sweat off the ballz of a millionare or billionare to buy this book.

2.5 million is no sweat for the likes of a Leonardo DiCaprio or someone of his caliber who collects comics.

Even rich people are affected by this economy.

Still, I have to think that somebody would rather keep their money in one of the finest pieces of Americana available than a bank.

IMHO

+1.

2.5 million is no sweat for the likes of a Leonardo DiCaprio or someone of his caliber who collects comics.

true, but if this is auctioned off then you need multiple buyers of that calibre in the same place at the same time.

i still cant help but think that economic fragility will always have an effect on sales of big ticket items.

it'll sell, dont get me wrong, itll sell for more than the 8.5 (1.5mill), but would it achieve a better price if the dollar was stronger, the threat of markets crashing wasn't as much a possibility....

i can only speculate.