• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 (1938) CGC 9.0 on the census

398 posts in this topic

Based on the pics alone it's hard to tell but....do you think this looks like a 9.0? hm

With the paint missing from the cover, yea.

IMO, the book is deserving of the 9.0 grade.

Based on the pics alone it's hard to tell but....do you think this looks like a 9.0? hm

With the paint missing from the cover, yea.

IMO, the book is deserving of the 9.0 grade.

When you gonna buy it Mike. :gossip:

The million dollar question is.. What is the page quality? I don't think if the pages were slightly brittle or brittle that it would command above the price that the 8.5 sold for. Just my opinion.

With a cover as nice as that I doubt it will be anything less than cr/ow.Brittle pages usually mean brittle cover too.

The million dollar question is.. What is the page quality? I don't think if the pages were slightly brittle or brittle that it would command above the price that the 8.5 sold for. Just my opinion.

+1

I hope it wasn't in that storage locker for an extended period (years).

Spine of this Action #1 is certainly sharp and covers seem clean. Economy is still bad, but I'm guessing not for those that could afford an Action #1.

I'll guess $2.25 mil - if PQ is Cr/OW or OW & staples clean. Cream or rust: 10% less. OW/W: 10% more.

Any guesses? 2.5 million? That's my guess. (worship)

I think the market is a bit soft now...but considering the 8.5 sold for 1.5 mill....

I'm guessing 2 million (maybe a little less).

It'll go for $2 Million, maybe slightly more as there are only a couple of known copies in better shape.

I'm not sure there is a better copy other the MH. I think it was established that the rumored "other hg" copy was the 8.5.

Yes, and this is exactly why I don't think it will have much problem going for more than $2 million dollars. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best copy in existence, with the top copy not expected to see the light of day during our lifetime. hm

It'll go for $2 Million, maybe slightly more as there are only a couple of known copies in better shape.

I'm not sure there is a better copy other the MH. I think it was established that the rumored "other hg" copy was the 8.5.

Yes, and this is exactly why I don't think it will have much problem going for more than $2 million dollars. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best copy in existence, with the top copy not expected to see the light of day during our lifetime. hm

Just how old is Anderson?

Pretty damn old,but his son collects comics too.He's got a hell of a collection in his own right.

Pretty damn old,but his son collects comics too.He's got a hell of a collection in his own right.

Is his collection OO?