• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink Stickers on CGC cases

10 posts in this topic

Don't want to be petty .... but is it just me or do others find the C-Link stickers on the back of CGC cases to be aggravating and audacious on their part ?! The CGC case is the actual

item used to protect the valuable, why is being defaced ? It should not be used as a walking billboard for a company / corporation. It's like having a Dunkin Donuts logo on a classic collectible car.....

I don't mind other sellers such as Pedigree who place their stickers on the CGC BAG (good idea), or even Heritage or CConnect who have removable stickers. The CLink stickers are impossible to remove because they leave glue residue on the case.

You can't even request them not to place the stickers on your books because they do it on all their inventory.

Anyone else annoyed or have thoughts on this ?

Very simple to remove!

Put a little olive oil on a paper towel and rub the sticker. Let it sit for about 30 seconds and almost all will come off. The little residue left, rub again with the olive oil paper towel and every single bit will come off. Takes about 1 minute tops (thumbs u

I had a horrible experience with a brave and the bold 1....I tried to remove the comic link sticker and it be undoubtably the last time I EVER remove one of those stickers EVER again....went through a whole bottle of rubbing alcohol trying to get the residue off...Im sure the guy I sold it to is still trying to get it off as well

Topic of the week! :roflmao:

i use a belt sander- works like a charm

That'll do the trick also (thumbs u

Really though, I'm a little surprised how often this comes up. On the annoyance scale in this hobby, Clink stickers on the BACK of the slab are about a 0.2 out of 10 on my scale. I'd prefer they do it like the comicconnect sticker that actually has the books info on it but they really don't bother me at all (shrug)

I actually kind of like having it there so I know where I got the book at a glance. The only ones that even slightly annoy me are when I buy a book from someone on here or eBay that has the sticker. Even those, I just write "from xxxxxx" and forget about it. If it was covering anything but cgc's legal mumbo-jumbo it'd be a different story but as is, I don't mind them.

If they do bug you, the olive oil and paper towel definitely works like a charm

Ok, I'll give you that one.

If I bought a book THAT expensive, I'd probably be annoyed and would want a pristine case. On a couple hundred dollar books, which is mainly what I buy, it doesn't really bother me. If I was dropping 100k+ on a 8.5 AF15, Yeah, the sticker would be much more annoying.

Hell, if I could afford that, I could afford to pay someone to rub olive oil on the sticker though! :idea:

Ok, I'll give you that one.

If I bought a book THAT expensive, I'd probably be annoyed and would want a pristine case. On a couple hundred dollar books, which is mainly what I buy, it doesn't really bother me. If I was dropping 100k+ on a 8.5 AF15, Yeah, the sticker would be much more annoying.

Hell, if I could afford that, I could afford to pay someone to rub olive oil on the sticker though! :idea:

lol