• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh just great....

43 posts in this topic

I decide to jump back into comic collecting this weekend only to find that Heritage is charging state sales tax now on top of the BP (there goes any hope of profit on my $400 purchuse) and then I check eBay to see how it's going there and on my first search page I get:

OMG he's worse than ever

Stock photo's? Really? This makes mile high look professional.

My first day in over a year buying comics and I feel used and dirty....

Just like old times.

btw 1st post in 6 months -heya- :hi:

Is Heritage charging sales tax for all states now?

Aces! I must say, when I read older posts and see your name, I often wondered if you'd ever post during my stay here... :hi:

My name is Liam. Pleased to meet you!

Hello avid reader of my old posts. :hi:

Your posts have not improved much. meh

:banana:

"We're too lazy to scan, but we will write an essay on why we are too lazy."

I don't think that's fair. They only have to write that once, a far cry from scanning every single $5 book. They disclose, explain and offer a refund. It's your choice to buy or not.

And they only write it once because...., ? Let me know what is fair, oh arbiter of fairness. Unfortunately, in the real world, the majority will choose, "not."

I've had several great transactions with Lee's Comics. Wish they sold more here on the

boards.

Because they can copy and paste it as many times as they want.

You do understand that labor costs money, right? I can understand them not wanting to scan comics $20 and under. They give you an opinion on the grade, they disclose that the photo is stock, they explain why and they offer a refund if you're not satisfied.

It is (your) choice whether or not to buy. And you still think it's fair to flame him? I honestly didn't even know the seller is a board member, so my take on it was totally objective.

I decide to jump back into comic collecting this weekend only to find that Heritage is charging state sales tax now on top of the BP (there goes any hope of profit on my $400 purchuse) and then I check eBay to see how it's going there and on my first search page I get:

OMG he's worse than ever

Stock photo's? Really? This makes mile high look professional.

My first day in over a year buying comics and I feel used and dirty....

Just like old times.

Is Heritage charging sales tax for all states now?

For NY they are now even though the auction is in Texas.

I checked their info there's only 2 states outside of Texas they collect sales tax for on all auctions (even comics), natually NY would be one of the 2.

Guess the other one? Yep the other welfare state Cal-e-for-i-a

Look here

Aces! I must say, when I read older posts and see your name, I often wondered if you'd ever post during my stay here... :hi:

My name is Liam. Pleased to meet you!

Hello avid reader of my old posts. :hi:

Your posts have not improved much. meh

:banana:

You can't improve upon perfection! :cloud9:

Hey back you those who posted. :hi:

You've been gone so long I've forgotten your first name, but I do remember something about a man purse... hm

It's Chris!

That's it. I knew it was something generic.

meh