• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con and Horror Fest October 29 & 30

53 posts in this topic

I wanted to update the previous thread that refers to the LB Expo dated April 2011 so that all know the next (and soon to happen) Long Beach Con is less than two weeks away. They have some nice guests lined up and the Con is a smaller show that is easy to navigate. While I will not have lots of highest graded or one of a kind books, I will be bringing lots of affordable SA and Bronze with a few hundred GA books.

Hope to see some of you at the Con. Please PM me with any want lists. I listed a sample of books in the Expo thread if you want to check out some of the books.

Ed Robertson- booth 519 (10 x 20 loaded)

Here is an update to the guest list coming up in a little more than a week away. It is looking good.

George Acevedo

Sean Allen

Kar Altstaetter

Gavin Andazola

Dino Andrade

Abe Audish

Tara Madison Avery

Jeff Balke

Mark Beachum

Sean Becker

Gregg Berger

Jon Bogdanove

John Bolerjack

Tim Bradstreet

Geo Brawn IV

Carly Breslin

John Bring

Brian Buccellato

Tim Burgard

Germini Burleigh

James Burns

Luis Calderon

Barry Caldwell

Denis Caron

John Carpenter

Kevin Castaniero

Jonathan Chang

Celine Chapus

George Chase

Peter Chiykowski

Mike Cho

Bryan Collins

David Cone

Jerrell Conner

Amanda Connor

Gerry Conway

Darwyn Cooke

Snakebite Cortez

Alejandro Cruz

Alexis Cruz

Jim Daly

Karl Daves

Felicia Day

Rachel Deruyter

Nhu Diep

Sean Dietrich

Mark Dos Santos

Dafne Duck

Kevin Eastman

Brandon Eastman

Max Egorov

Richard Epcar

Joey Esposito

Joshua Hale Fialkov

Josh Figueroa

David Finch

Hart T. Fisher

Denae Frazier

Douglas Freeman

Richard Friend

Christos Gage

Carlos Gallardo

Jamie Gambel

Kerry Gammill

Ale Garza

Joel Gomez

Danny Gonzales

Dan Goodsell

Steven Gordon

Clyde Grapa

David Green

Seth Green

Raven Gregory

Tony Guaraloj-Brown

Dave Gutierrez

Ray-Anthony Height

Vince Hernandez

Jeff Herndon

Rebecca Hicks

Matthew G.Hill

Greg Hinkle

Tiffany Ho

Tremayne Hodges

Tom Hodges

Rich Holmes

Shane Houghton

Chris Houghton

Andrew Huerta

Wes Huffor

Damon Hunter

Mark Irwin

Thomas Jane

GeorgeJeanty

Herb Jefferson Jr.

Drew Johnson

Scott Anthony Jones

Walter Jones

Peter Jurado

Amano Jyaku

Sebastian Kadlecik

Chris Kawagiwa

Ken Keil

Ryan Kincaid

Billy King

JJ Kirby

Lance Kirianoff

Onrie Kompan

JT Krul

Bob Layton

Kelby LeNorman

Donna Letterese

Diana Levin

Lak Lim

Scott Lobdell

Sheika Lugtu

Anwar Madrigal

Dennis Mallonee

Bordin Marsinkul

Jeff Martinez

Frank Mastromauro

Matt Maxwell

Mark McHaley

Mike McKone

Lou Mendoza

Dan Mendoza

Lord L. Mesa

Digger T. Mesch

JonBoy Meyers

Danny Miki

Pepe Milan

David Miller

Charlie Mok

Albert Morales

Chris Moreno

David Moreno

Pepe Moreno

Michael Morris

Bill Morrison

Marat Mychaels

Todd Nauck

Dustin Nguyen

Peter Nguyen

Ethan Nicolle

Steve Niles

Steve Oliff

William O'Neil

Jimmy Palmiotti

Sam Park

Mike Pascale

Peter Paul

Brandon Peterson

Gary Phillips

Souradeth Phimmasone

Wendy Pini

Ashleigh Popplewell

Whilce Portacio

Paul Power

Ambrose Quintanilla IV

Livio Ramondelli

Norm Rapmund

James Riot

Ben Risbeck

Mark Rivers

Andrew Robinson

Tone Rodriguez

Cesar I. Rosas

Devin Roth

Nei Ruffino

Stan Sakai

Rosa Salvatierra

Dave Savage

Lance Sawyer

Tina Schmidt

Don Schmidt

Neil Segura

Matt Senreich

Alex Sinclair

Dan "Smif" Smith

Beth Sotelo

Evan Spears

Cat Staggs

Jeff Stokely

Philip Tan

Austin Tinius

Robert Tinnell

Jesse Messa Toves

Geoff Trebs

Jamie Tyndall

Phillip Vargas

Gus Vasquez

Tim Wahl

Mark Waid

John P. Wales

Rachel Walker

Chris Waterman

Joe Weems

Larry Welch

Dan Wickline

Jane Wiedlin

Scott Williams

Dale Wilson

David Wohl

Dawn Wolf

Clint Wolf

Marv Wolfman

David Wong

Kevin Woody

Bernie Wrightson

R.C. Young

Heekyoung Yum

Tommy Yune

Thom Zahler

BATT

Blond

Livesay

Zen

Anyone know what time they open up the underground parking lot right under the convention center for Saturday? Or do you think it gets filled up with the vendors vehicles?

I'd like to park there like I did during the 1-day event since I'm able to drop off stuff I buy into my car and more convenient than the parking structure a couple blocks away. I've emailed the LB convention parking staff email but never got a reply.

Hero Initiative again hits a home run:

(From an e-mail form the LBCC folks) John Carpenter, the creator of the Halloween films, will be with us for a signing on Saturday afternoon! The Hero Initiative will be selling signing passes in their booth for $5 - what a great way to support one of favorite charities and get an incredible autograph (do you have your Halloween DVD case handy?)!

There are only 250 passes for John Carpenter signing tickets, one per person, on sale Saturday morning at the HERO Initiative booth, #213. The signing with Carpenter will be held at Booth #913 at 3 pm, but you have to buy a ticket in the morning at HERO to get your item signed. And yes, CGC will be present at this signing, but it's recommended to start your paperwork BEFORE the signing begins.

Check out the HERO Initiative signing schedule, though:

SAT., Oct. 29

1030-1130: Gerry Conway

1030-1230: Jon Bogdanove

1100-100: Darwyn Cooke

130-230: Marv Wolfman

230-330: Mark Waid

SUN., Oct. 30

1030-1130: Albert Morales

1130-1230: Darwyn Cooke

1230-230: Mike McKone

230-430: Darwyn Cooke

There are only 250 passes for John Carpenter signing tickets, one per person, on sale Saturday morning at the HERO Initiative booth, #213. The signing with Carpenter will be held at Booth #913 at 3 pm, but you have to buy a ticket in the morning at HERO to get your item signed. And yes, CGC will be present at this signing, but it's recommended to start your paperwork BEFORE the signing begins.

SAT., Oct. 29

SUN., Oct. 30

Are the only ways to get things signed via HERO Initiative or will these creators have booths at the show? What is the donation amount and is there a limit to how many items they will sign? Thanks!

Looks like I will be able to get there with my daughter late Saturday afternoon / evening. She is a big Manga fan so she can shop for Manga I can look at Golden Age books!

Busted Flush and I are going to do dinner and then I suspect my daughter may want to poke her head in the costume contest. Dinner will be a Golden Age show and tell with beer. What else do you need in life?

Highlights should include some early Superman books and the possible appearance of a 1938 More Fun if I crack it out of its slab prior the show. I have been dying to do that to see the Mr. Occult story.

SAT., Oct. 29

SUN., Oct. 30

Are the only ways to get things signed via HERO Initiative or will these creators have booths at the show? What is the donation amount and is there a limit to how many items they will sign? Thanks!

Gerry Conway will be in the DWC booth 131 on Saturday from 12-5.

SAT., Oct. 29

SUN., Oct. 30

Let me clarify. The only person who requires an autograph ticket is John Carpenter. You can approach any of the creators that are appearing at the HERO Initiative booth to get a signature, either at the HERO booth or if they are appearing anywhere else. Many of these creators have their own tables at the show, so you can get their autograph at their table or during their HERO signing. (I suspect you can find Darwyn Cooke at the IDW booth, for example) There is no required donation amount per signature, but typically, a few bucks to $5 per signature is greatly appreciated.

If you are planning to get your books autographed and then graded, stop by the CGC booth first to coordinate having a witness watch your book get signed.