• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Documenting Collections?

10 posts in this topic

I apologize if this topic has been breached before, but I am wondering what everyone uses to document their collection. Any particular software? I tried Comic Collector about 10 years ago and found it unwieldy. I currently keep a spreadsheet in Excel, and I am currently working on an Access form to use the spreadsheet database.

I use a program called 'BOOXTER' very friendly, easy to use and I can export it to several formats if I need to. I dig it.

It's for the Mac only - which is probably why it's awesome. :baiting:

http://www.deepprose.com/

I created a simple database in openoffice. Works well but all I'm really looking

for is something to enter in comics I buy and print out the infomation for shows.

Just updating in this thread. I am a mac-user, and was looking for something I could access on my iPhone if I were out and needed to see if I had a comic in my collection, etc.

Booxter and Collectorz both did not work for me (Booxter's app didn't work and Collectorz wouldn't import data) so I opted for a spreadsheet.

After importing my information, I store my file on Dropbox, and I can access it at work, home or on my iPhone. Works amazingly well. I wish it had the functionality of Booxter or Collectorz, but I can live with it.

BTW, I despise Microsoft products, I installed iWork's Numbers, and it is way friendlier than Excel.