• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Western Penn Beauty!

28 posts in this topic

I think Western Penn's get a bad rap...but I'm constantly surprised to see the depth of this collection. I don't know much about it except that it appears there are quite a few multiple copies among the various runs. I have several BA Western Penn's and they're all very sweet copies :cloud9:

never ever seen this copy before

or any other W PA TOS

Strange that you've never seen another WP TOS. TOS is one of the few Marvel titles where a decent portion of the WP run has surfaced. The WP TOS #40 was a 9.6, if I recall.

I think Western Penn's get a bad rap

Who gives it a bad rap?

It's one of the best SA pedigrees in existence. In terms of quality of pre-1963 books, it's only exceeded by White Mountain. Pacific Coast doesn't go as far back in NM.

Maybe it's my perception, but it seems to be regarded as the red headed stepchild of the pedigree world. I always assumed it's because there are so many multiples (shrug)

That's the Boston pedigree.

I think Western Penn's get a bad rap

Who gives it a bad rap?

It's one of the best SA pedigrees in existence. In terms of quality of pre-1963 books, it's only exceeded by White Mountain. Pacific Coast doesn't go as far back in NM.

Yeah, every couple of years when we play "rank the silver age pedigrees" Western Penn strongly ranks in the top tier. Great books.

Maybe it's my perception, but it seems to be regarded as the red headed stepchild of the pedigree world. I always assumed it's because there are so many multiples (shrug)

The Boston pedigree really is the red headed step child. My mental image is no keys, multiples galore and all from an era where it's not impossible to find nice copies.

Hmm...seems I was all turned around on this. Either way, I certainly like the ones I own...very pristine looking :cloud9:

Thanks for the information by the way, it's appreciated.

The Boston pedigree really is the red headed step child. My mental image is no keys, multiples galore and all from an era where it's not impossible to find nice copies.

Which is kind of unfortunate because many of the books are superb. No less an authority than Adamstrange thinks very highly of Bostons.

Which is kind of unfortunate because many of the books are superb. No less an authority than Adamstrange thinks very highly of Bostons.

I like Bostons. They're not the top tier, but most of them look great. The cover inks typically look dripping wet. And the PQ is usually on the higher end.

Bethlehems, to me, don't seem to be regarded as highly as they used to.