• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Census

206 posts in this topic

I'd be curious to see a list of both the most scarce and the most common signers of SS books.

How many creators have signed 1-10 books only for SS? In other words, are there any SS by a creator that have signed for someone but still have fewer than 10? Up until recently, Stephen King would have fallen under this category, but has since been moved to the next. Are there any others?

How about 11-50 books? Stephen King, Alan Moore, and John Byrne are all names that likely fall into this category (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, who are the most common signers of SS books? What's a good benchmark number for this? I'd suggest 500 or more to start, but I'm open to suggestions.

1-10 books

11-50 books

Alan Moore

Stephen King

John Byrne

500+ books

Stan Lee

Michael Turner

What names would you all suggest and for which lists?

If you're looking for common SS signers, you'd have to bump it up to 1000+ books at least - at this years NYCC, for instance, there were hundreds of Jim Lee SS books done. And that's just one show.

I'd probably add Todd McFarlane to the 1000+ column as well - with 167 SS copies of Spawn #1 alone, I'm sure he must be creeping up there.

If you count his file copies, Dave Sim would go in the 1000+ column - he did 5-8 SS copies of every issue of Cerebus up till #136, an extra 100 SS copies of the #300 and close to 100 SS copies of the Cerebus Archives.

Robert Kirkman & Tony Moore are probably on more than 500+ SS books - Kirkman for sure.

Jhonen Vasquez belongs in the 11-50 column with somewhere around 18-20 SS books.

There are 182 Sandman SS books and 19 SS copies of Miracleman #17-24 - 60-70% of those sigs are probably Gaiman, so he'd belong to a 100-200 column. Jeff Smith would join him there with 101 SS Bone books (with the only other alternative being Miller & Ross on a Bone #38) & 30 SS Rasl books.

Six John Waters books...

I can confirm 4 done two months ago, and Kris Moore said there were 2 prior to that.

Mike, Tristen, Glen Guinto, Brian Kondravy and Kris Moore should be able to figure out the Mike Judge count.

There were only five total before the NYCC.

I don't think there were more then 10 additional done at NYCC, but these guys would be able to confirm that?

Byrne signed 108 SS books

David Mazzuchelli....I heard rumors there were only 7

I have heard this too, but I think it is wrong. I have 3 and I had another that I think I traded to Doug (MedicAR). There are more than 3 Mazzes that I haven't owned.

Wouldn't Dave Cockrum be in the under 50 category?

That is an interesting one, Marc. I would be interested in hearing from Old Schoolers about DC. He passed right around the time I was getting hardcore into SS. But my impression was that he was pretty accessible and also pretty popular. I have 3 Cockrums as well. I think all three were from the same signing as they also have either Claremont or Layton or both

Wouldn't Dave Cockrum be in the under 50 category?

That is an interesting one, Marc. I would be interested in hearing from Old Schoolers about DC. He passed right around the time I was getting hardcore into SS. But my impression was that he was pretty accessible and also pretty popular. I have 3 Cockrums as well. I think all three were from the same signing as they also have either Claremont or Layton or both

I have 4 DCs, all signed on 7/1/2006