• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soooo, no "what'd you get in the Clink auction" thread?

95 posts in this topic

That's funny!

I thought I also had a surefire can't be beat bid on the 48. I only need 48 and 62 to finish 10-100 so I was willing to overpay a little. The final hammer price was exactly at my max bid :blush:

No worries. (Well, maybe a little. lol) I'll keep on the lookout for the next one. I only have this issue and the Terminator: Burning Earth series in 9.8 to complete my Alex Ross collection. And by that, I mean the stuff where he did all, almost all, or a chunky part of the interior art as well....not just stuff he did the covers only on.

ARGH! So, you're the gentleman who outbid me! I was looking for that copy for some time (and, yes, definitely an early Alex Ross). I had to go somewhere and put in a moderate bid before I left the house....honestly didn't expect for it to get as high as your bid, though......

Also picked this one up (early Alex Ross art)....

Hellraiser17.jpg

:shy: Oh no, sorry! Yeah, I have a slight sentimental attachment to this book, so decided to bid high. Plus, it was only 1 of 2 in 9.8 currently, so figured I'd better jump now. I had looked for it for a while too about 10 years ago. Tough book to locate, especially in high grade.

ARGH! So, you're the gentleman who outbid me! I was looking for that copy for some time (and, yes, definitely an early Alex Ross). I had to go somewhere and put in a moderate bid before I left the house....honestly didn't expect for it to get as high as your bid, though......

Also picked this one up (early Alex Ross art)....

Hellraiser17.jpg

lol And me,I bid $39 at the last minute.

Curses! :frustrated:lol:hi:

lol And me,I bid $39 at the last minute.

:acclaim: Well gosh, now I feel lucky to have won it! Figured there wouldn't be much interest beyond my own sentimentality for this particular issue. (My bid was closer to $100. :insane: I told you guys I REALLY wanted it!!! :slapfight: )

No worries. (Well, maybe a little. lol) I'll keep on the lookout for the next one. I only have this issue and the Terminator: Burning Earth series in 9.8 to complete my Alex Ross collection. And by that, I mean the stuff where he did all, almost all, or a chunky part of the interior art as well....not just stuff he did the covers only on.

Nice! Love Ross as well (who doesn't, right?). Those will be tough! Good luck! I hope we don't compete with each other too much! lol (Are all of the T:BE issues even CGC'd?) I happened to win 9.8 copies of T:BE # 1 and 3 last month over on Comicconnect's auction.

Nice! Love Ross as well (who doesn't, right?). Those will be tough! Good luck! I hope we don't compete with each other too much! lol (Are all of the T:BE issues even CGC'd?) I happened to win 9.8 copies of T:BE # 1 and 3 last month over on Comicconnect's auction.

Looks like we might "bump" into each other on our respective Alex Ross quests! :) Nice score on picking up the T:BE issues; they are a pain to find. Every now and then a 9.6 might pop up, but they are not easy to get. I missed last month's Comic Connect auction; maybe that's a good thing, huh? lol

Thanks again,

Chris

Just got boned on the FF 1 CGC 7.5 s(p).....that was one nice book. Dang. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I was out at $4,700 on that book...it was a beaut, but the cover did appear a little washed out from the cleaning. Always another one down the road.... :wishluck:

Just got boned on the FF 1 CGC 7.5 s(p).....that was one nice book. Dang. GOD BLESS...

I was out at $4,700 on that book...it was a beaut, but the cover did appear a little washed out from the cleaning. Always another one down the road.... :wishluck:

I love how your hiatus from the hobby still has you throwing out $4700 bids. Seriously, it's cool you're still around.

I love how your hiatus from the hobby still has you throwing out $4700 bids. Seriously, it's cool you're still around.

lol

I was out just a little under you! :cry:

That was a SWEET looking PLOD (worship)

That wasn't actually Jive. He was such a powerful force on the boards for so long....the residual energy of his interaction created an echo of Jive future/past....kind of like the feedback of a kick metal band. GOD BLESS...

Did the FF 12 in 9.6 go way cheaper than expected, or was I expecting a price way too high? Not that I could have afforded at 1/4 the price.

I dont follow FF's close enough to have a clue but i was still pretty shocked that it didnt move a single bid higher than it was at yesterday (shrug)

I thought the same thing until I compared it with pics from the auction a few years back when it went for $4200 or so. I think some of the washing out was the scan.

GREAT looking book with only the minimal resto.

That wasn't actually Jive. He was such a powerful force on the boards for so long....the residual energy of his interaction created an echo of Jive future/past....kind of like the feedback of a kick metal band. GOD BLESS...

It's like looking at the light of a star that burnt out a long time ago.