• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soooo, no "what'd you get in the Clink auction" thread?

95 posts in this topic

Did the FF 12 in 9.6 go way cheaper than expected, or was I expecting a price way too high? Not that I could have afforded at 1/4 the price.

A lot of the FF's went for cheaper than I thought they were going to go for.

There was an FF #12 CGC 9.4 that hit $76 two years ago in a Clink auction. There were probably a handful of bidders that thought it looked like a 9.6. I sold a 9.4 at the time for a little more than half that.

This 9.6 went a little cheaper than I thought it was going to sell for but OW pages might stagnate bidding a bit.

I was outbid on a few books but I still would have bid higher if I was paying attention. I thought the FF #10 CGC 9.4 was a steal for $4700. That's roughly what a 9.2 has been going for.

R.

Not a book that ANYBODY cares about but this was the very 1st comic book that i ever bought and read when i was just a little pup. I read it so many times that i still remember the story and art 30+ years later :cloud9:

god3.jpg

I didn't think there was that much interest in Dr Strange from the 70's but this was the only one I ended up winning after the smoke cleared. I absolutely love this cover though.

Strange5.jpg

I was able to pick up this one as well, but the price was certainly painful. It was either this one or HOS96. When they both went north of $300, it was either this one at 9.6 or the HOS at 9.2. I went with this one. Although, when I think about it I think I find the HOS96 cover a bit more attractive than the HOM201.

HOM201.jpg

And this one was my final purchase for the night. At least I was able to score one of the Wrightson HOS books that were up for sale. Although, I originally saw this one on ebay a while back and it started at like $89. I thought I was going to get a better deal on the book when I saw it come up on the October auction. I should have just bought it off ebay.

HOS93.jpg

I didn't think there was that much interest in Dr Strange from the 70's but this was the only one I ended up winning after the smoke cleared. I absolutely love this cover though.

Strange5.jpg

That is a great cover, congrats. (thumbs u

I wasn't going to bid this month, then caved. I got these two for what I thought were fair prices. The #4 in particular has been a nemesis book for me in terms of finding a copy I liked for a price I was willing to pay. I'm a fan of the centering on both of them as well.

RAD32EE620111011_162846.jpg

RAD424F32011928_16405.jpg

Just got boned on the FF 1 CGC 7.5 s(p).....that was one nice book. Dang. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I was out at $4,700 on that book...it was a beaut, but the cover did appear a little washed out from the cleaning. Always another one down the road.... :wishluck:

I love how your hiatus from the hobby still has you throwing out $4700 bids. Seriously, it's cool you're still around.

lol

Yea, you shouldnt have started that thread :baiting:

Hope all is well though. Sometimes our plans arent really plans.

Not a book that ANYBODY cares about but this was the very 1st comic book that i ever bought and read when i was just a little pup. I read it so many times that i still remember the story and art 30+ years later :cloud9:

god3.jpg

I absolutely loved this series growing up, so I can definitely relate! :cloud9: Great copy!

Well, I just scored my first Silver age book. I tend to to focus on bronze horror and Mike Kaluta books but something about this cover really appealed to me. Plus, doesn't hurt that its a Western Penn pedigree. :grin:

NFAoS1.jpg

Well, I just scored my first Silver age book. I tend to to focus on bronze horror and Mike Kaluta books but something about this cover really appealed to me. Plus, doesn't hurt that its a Western Penn pedigree. :grin:

NFAoS1.jpg

Must be the Steranko art. Check out X-Men 50 :hi:

NFAoS1.jpg

Great book - I was bidding on that one as well.

Must be the Steranko art. Check out X-Men 50 :hi:

Thanks for the reference solm4st3r, that's certainly a beautiful cover! AND may be in my price range for the grade I'd like. (thumbs u

NFAoS1.jpg

Outstanding copy! The colors and page quality are sweet. Congrats.