• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soooo, no "what'd you get in the Clink auction" thread?

95 posts in this topic

Well, I just scored my first Silver age book. I tend to to focus on bronze horror and Mike Kaluta books but something about this cover really appealed to me. Plus, doesn't hurt that its a Western Penn pedigree. :grin:

NFAoS1.jpg

Beautiful book.Looks better then a 9.4.

Western Penn pages :cloud9:

Well, I just scored my first Silver age book. I tend to to focus on bronze horror and Mike Kaluta books but something about this cover really appealed to me. Plus, doesn't hurt that its a Western Penn pedigree. :grin:

NFAoS1.jpg

Enjoy it, one of my entries in the auction I was a little surprised it did'nt go for a bit more..It is a stunner one of Steranko's best

NFAoS1.jpg

That cover has always intrigued me. It has a terrific "wash-tone" background colouring scheme which I happen to love(dark blue to light blue), the contrasting 1970's patterns remind me of my grandmother's house, the mysteriously surreal image of bad guys sneaking up on the good guys is almost corny (all on building blocks) and yet Steranko nailed it in iconic fashion.

I've never collected the title, but always wanted to.

The Western Penns generally have nice gloss and colour so this should be a nice book in hand.

Congrats!

yikes! a fellow boardie didn't do so good on his clink auctions. :eek: but congrats to the buyers on the deals. :golfclap:
\

lol tell me about it.....When I bid in the auction stuff goes for way more than what I set my high bids at I've gotten skunked in the last year.

I decide to sell 4 books and 2 books I figured would crack 500 bucks and or higher went for cheap money go figure. One of them the scan did'nt do it any favors

Enjoy it, one of my entries in the auction I was a little surprised it did'nt go for a bit more..It is a stunner one of Steranko's best

I didn't think I was going to get it but a couple of my other more traditional auctions went crazy and I just couldn't justify to myself the purchase price. This one was really compelling, not priced outrageously and I've been looking at picking up my first Silver age book. This one looked like an awesome candidate. I was lucky with choosing the bid; otherwise I'm not sure that I would have committed to the next bid increment.

Anyway thanks for the opportunity to purchase it, I really appreciate it.

Dave

That cover has always intrigued me. It has a terrific "wash-tone" background colouring scheme which I happen to love(dark blue to light blue), the contrasting 1970's patterns remind me of my grandmother's house, the mysteriously surreal image of bad guys sneaking up on the good guys is almost corny (all on building blocks) and yet Steranko nailed it in iconic fashion.

The Western Penns generally have nice gloss and colour so this should be a nice book in hand.

Congrats!

Thanks again. You know, I'm in my late thirties now so a lot of these books were published before my time, I'm more familiar with creators such as Lee, McFarlane, Byrne, etc. But I find that now I really enjoy Silver and Bronze age creators such as Wrightson, Kaluta, Adams and now Steranko. It is just unfortunate it took me so long to discover them. Information posted by folks on these boards have helped significantly though.

Congrats!

Thanks again. You know, I'm in my late thirties now so a lot of these books were published before my time, I'm more familiar with creators such as Lee, McFarlane, Byrne, etc. But I find that now I really enjoy Silver and Bronze age creators such as Wrightson, Kaluta, Adams and now Steranko. It is just unfortunate it took me so long to discover them. Information posted by folks on these boards have helped significantly though.

Lots of collectors "move back in time" as they get exposed to new stuff.

I stopped collecting heavy around the time of Spidey 300.

When I got back in it was all Silver Age, now I gravitate towards Golden Age and the odd Original Art piece.

As long as it's fun.

(thumbs u

Also won several more Nova books. I'd been wanting to collect the Nova series since I started buying CGC books. Issue 19 in particular is highly sentimental for me. So, with the run this auction contained, figured this was my chance to nab several great issues. I already showed the Golden State copy of Issue 12 Spidey crossover above. Here's the others I was lucky enough to walk away with, including the final issue.... :cloud9::whee:

Nova5.jpg

Nova15.jpg

Nova19.jpg

Nova25.jpg

Okay, and I also HAD to get this one. WHAT! This was my very favorite series as a kid in the 80s! I anticipate it will one day rank right up there with Fantastic Four #1 in collectability... lol

PowerPack1.jpg

Spent WAY more than I intended this month. But I was having fun, what can I say. Won the three pedigree books I was aiming for... :whee:

Godzilla23.jpg

DAMMIT!!!!

I guess thats my payback for the Avengers 48. I thought the bid i put in yesterday was GOLD on that book! I could not believe someone went higher than me. Just couldnt go any higher :blush:

Congrats! Thats a sweet book! Avengers+Godzilla= :cloud9:

I play bball on Thurday nights so i put my bids in early and got my handed to me on all but 2. I had what i thought were cant be beat bids on like 10 books but only got 2. It definitely seemed like there were some STRONG prices tonight!

My only 2

st138.jpg

xmen102.jpg

DAMMIT!!!!

I guess thats my payback for the Avengers 48. I thought the bid i put in yesterday was GOLD on that book! I could not believe someone went higher than me. Just couldnt go any higher :blush:

Congrats! Thats a sweet book! Avengers+Godzilla= :cloud9:

:devil: Ironically, if I'd won the A48, I'd likely have passed up on this one. The Universe balanced itself! :o

My one big win from this auction..the White pages didn't hurt.

RAD5AC0420111010_154158.jpg

One of the few TOS books I really like. Killer copy. Don't know how often they come up these days, but back when I was paying attention, you'd never see this in VF or better.

Congrats!

My one big win from this auction..the White pages didn't hurt.

RAD5AC0420111010_154158.jpg

One of the few TOS books I really like. Killer copy. Don't know how often they come up these days, but back when I was paying attention, you'd never see this in VF or better.

Congrats!

Thanks gents, been meaning to get a nice copy for a while now. Only one issue left to finish my run from 39-49 in high grade. :banana: