• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

I really liked Wytches.  The Snyder one I struggled with was the one with the water monsters....Wake I think. 

Truth on The Wake, forgot about that one. 

I hung with that book thru the 10 issues.  Only to realize it was a yawnfest.  Hoped the ending would be a rally but wasn't. 

Also summarily punted from my collection. 

I know people will really disagree with this, but I wasn't impressed with American Vampire either.  Clearly in the minority as that ran for quite some time.  

Patrick 

4 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

This is what I am saying.  

I passed on like 10 dollar box copies the other day. I even passed on a bunch of newsstands on ebay or facebook at $1 a pop. I'm not going there.

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

I passed on like 10 dollar box copies the other day. I even passed on a bunch of newsstands on ebay or facebook at $1 a pop. I'm not going there.

There was a small stack of Punisher 2099 1s for $1/each last time I went digging.  Left them behind.  Tell me they’re still  worthless...

15 minutes ago, the blob said:

I had bought over 30 copies of ravage 1 at a 50cent comic store blow out and unloaded in may of 2019 for $1 a piece.  I’m a fool :/

Just now, rckstr1253 said:

I had bought over 30 copies of ravage 1 at a 50cent comic store blow out and unloaded in may of 2019 for $1 a piece.  I’m a fool :/

I just bought 30 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #1 (2014) for cover ($6 each). Haven't decided if I'm a fool or not just yet.

Amazon better make this damn Silk show lol 

3 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I just bought 30 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #1 (2014) for cover ($6 each). Haven't decided if I'm a fool or not just yet.

Amazon better make this damn Silk show lol 

Cover A or variant? I recall that there were several variants so I just went onto mycomicshop and holy $#!T there's like 50+ variants of issue #1. I'm waiting for CGC to denote on the label that this issue is her cameo and crossing my fingers too on the live-action. Anyone know what's Amazon's track record on streaming shows (flops vs hits)?

1 minute ago, comixry said:

Cover A or variant? I recall that there were several variants so I just went onto mycomicshop and holy $#!T there's like 50+ variants of issue #1. I'm waiting for CGC to denote on the label that this issue is her cameo and crossing my fingers too on the live-action. Anyone know what's Amazon's track record on streaming shows (flops vs hits)?

Cover A. Though I have 10+ copies of a few of the variants. So I'm holding onto maybe 50 or 60 total? All of them NM-. Thick book so the bottom left corner is really tough. Thinking about going to grab a 9.8 because I am not sure any of the bindery tears on my 30 copies of Cover A are small enough to get the 9.8. Has to be a low 9.8% for a modern book this one had tons of production problems.

2 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Cover A. Though I have 10+ copies of a few of the variants. So I'm holding onto maybe 50 or 60 total? All of them NM-. Thick book so the bottom left corner is really tough. Thinking about going to grab a 9.8 because I am not sure any of the bindery tears on my 30 copies of Cover A are small enough to get the 9.8. Has to be a low 9.8% for a modern book this one had tons of production problems.

You're right about that bindery tear issue. I totally forgot how thick that book was.

Keep an eye on Teen Titans Special #1, main cvr and 2nd print teen titans special 1 in Collectible Comics | eBay, as well as Punisher 218 (Lenticular cvr) punisher 218 lenticular | eBay.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

19 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Keep an eye on Teen Titans Special #1, main cvr and 2nd print teen titans special 1 in Collectible Comics | eBay, as well as Punisher 218 (Lenticular cvr) punisher 218 lenticular | eBay.

Oh and while we're talking Crush...

Harley is speculated to be the mother. Might not be true but... what if?

2109980992_Harleys_Little_Black_Book_Vol_1_6.thumb.jpg.5afc157af3eebf29bf3bb625b1006275.jpg

Not much heat on this yet but I grabbed one from my LCS juuuust in case. If this does turn out I bet this cover A is more coveted than the 1:25. Harley and Lobo enjoy a rather gratuitous hookup in this issue... in the carcass of some slain dragon or something IIRC

Could be the child of Lobo and a minor character or new character too but I wonder... hm

2 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

If people in here start speculating on Ravage I'm going to start a support group for y'all

Screen ready characters are much better investments than babies that appeared in comics the past 5-10 years. Miles' baby sister, BP's baby son, etc

42 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Screen ready characters are much better investments than babies that appeared in comics the past 5-10 years. Miles' baby sister, BP's baby son, etc

No doubt, but I think we have a few more options than just those two :insane:

It's just to get to Ravage, what do we need to see? First, they need to explore and establish the 2099 universe or some sort of rebranded future that's essentially the 2099 universe. Then, it needs to be popular. It needs to be popular to the point where they're done Doom and Punisher and Hulk and Spider-Man and still need more content. Half of those characters aren't even in the MCU yet.

But I'm pretty down on baby spec so yeah it's a hair above that to damn with the faintest of all possible praise. At least IMO. I like Spider-Man 2099 because the video games will keep him alive with fans no matter what does or doesn't happen with Sony/MCU. The rest of 2099 I'm not as high on personally (shrug)

3 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

These look to be about $10 each raw which is what they have been selling at for a long time.

I appreciate a good pump as I am holding some of both.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

These look to be about $10 each raw which is what they have been selling at for a long time.

I appreciate a good pump as I am holding some of both.

I mostly sell graded comics so that's what I'm watching...not intending to pump anything just putting it out there. :bigsmile: