• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think large conventions will impact a certain sector of books - big books, the collector 

i also don’t know what the delay in grading will cause for CGC books (available now vs 4-5 months from now)

i will say that one thing I noticed at the last show was some dealers over pricing their books because the market is so strong right now. I think that’s a mistake and real opportunity for someone else to price fairly and make strong sales. 

Very good point. My thought is always unless its pristine copy I dont need top dollar. Many try to bleed out
customers Ive never understood that.

I just don't see shows filling the gap of all these shops that went under. 

If anything good product will become more difficult to acquire with more competition.

Customer acquisition is about to become much more important going forward. Those
that acquired new repeat customers during the pandemic are going to reap benefits
later. 

I cant wait to retire in a couple of years and do this more full time. 

On a sad note though one of my local flea markets burned to the ground. I bought
a lot from a dealer who lost his entire inventory of maybe 10-15k books. So thats a 
set back for many of us locally.

One local LCS told me they have never had more sales then in the last 6 months. He 
phone rings off the hook for gaming consoles he cant keep one in stock and just bought
out an entire store's worth of gaming inventory.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

One local LCS told me they have never had more sales then in the last 6 months. He 
phone rings off the hook for gaming consoles he cant keep one in stock and just bought
out an entire store's worth of gaming inventory.

I came into quite a few N64 games early in the spring and it seemed like they flew out of my eBay store as soon as I could list them. 

One thing that has changed in the last 1-2 months for me on eBay is that there are a lot of new buyers in the market 

people who aren’t afraid to pay but also aren’t really sure what they are buying 

this had lead to a lot of issues with returns, cancelled sales etc 

ive had more non paying and returns/cancellation requests in that time frame than the entire last year 

38 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

this had lead to a lot of issues with returns, cancelled sales etc 

ive had more non paying and returns/cancellation requests in that time frame than the entire last year 

Yes

38 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I can’t tell you how many times I get asked 

is this a 1st print on a book that only had a 1st print 

Also yes 

14 minutes ago, littledoom said:
53 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

can’t tell you how many times I get asked 

is this a 1st print on a book that only had a 1st print 

Also yes 

Very yes. 

Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Malibu/Ultraverse: HardCASE

MIlestone: HardWARE

Image: HardCORE

Valiant: H.A.R.D. Corps

DC: HardCORE Station

Aircel: HardKORR

No wonder they say there's nothing new under the sun...

23 hours ago, littledoom said:

Superman 10 Cent Adventure is selling in droves but it’s price is so cheap that it’s not really going beyond $5

I couldn't begin to guess why until I figured the chick playing Supergirl in the Keaton Flash movie is going to be Cir-El, right? That must be it.

Don't sleep on the second print/variant of that and Superman 190 combined into a "double Feature" fyi, much harder to find.

52 minutes ago, TheGreenGhost said:

I couldn't begin to guess why until I figured the chick playing Supergirl in the Keaton Flash movie is going to be Cir-El, right? That must be it.

Don't sleep on the second print/variant of that and Superman 190 combined into a "double Feature" fyi, much harder to find.

10 cent came out Jan. 8, 2003.

Superman #190 Feb. 26, 2003.