• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

All of those DC imprint titles should be heating up this week, the road to rebooting those series drops tomorrow depending on when your LCS releases stuff...

5arpvo.jpeg.af7de78fe2fba42c625e571f9d1d28b2.jpeg

On 5/23/2021 at 8:21 AM, fastballspecial said:
On 5/22/2021 at 10:25 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Your report mentions nothing about Spawn 

I bought I think 7 newstands  and several issues in the 150s to 170s. Again I found nothing above 180 to 280. It's like those issues just don't exist anymore.

We are fortunate here that the two stores still around from the 1980s are slowly leaking out Spawn backstock. I keep buying any issues they put out between 100 - 300 that are reasonably priced. 

4 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Anyone else feel like eBay sales are starting to come to a halt than say 2 weeks ago?  I’m worried the good days might be over soon :(

Not to me at least. Its still pretty steady I think I am slightly down to this month compared to last month, but
last month was an all time sales high for me.  On top of that child credits will start hitting soon.
When unemployment checks end in July I think is the real test to see if this market is artificial
or real. What do others think?

@jsilverjanet
@Hey Kids, Comics!

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, kimik said:
On 5/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, fastballspecial said:
On 5/22/2021 at 11:25 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Your report mentions nothing about Spawn 

I bought I think 7 newstands  and several issues in the 150s to 170s. Again I found nothing above 180 to 280. It's like those issues just don't exist anymore.

We are fortunate here that the two stores still around from the 1980s are slowly leaking out Spawn backstock. I keep buying any issues they put out between 100 - 300 that are reasonably priced. 

Lucky dog.

I am pretty much buying any Spawn cheap in NM grade under 280. I have different amounts for different books, but I wont turn
down any copy in high grade. I see a wave coming.

9 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Not to me at least. Its still pretty steady I think I am slightly down to this month compared to last month, but
last month was an all time sales high for me.  On top of that child credits will start hitting soon.
When unemployment checks end in July I think is the real test to see if this market is artificial

@jsilverjanet
@Hey Kids, Comics!

Why wouldn't unemployment continue until September?

2 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
12 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

@jsilverjanet
@Hey Kids, Comics!

Expand  

Why wouldn't unemployment continue until September?

Depends on your state many are cutting it off well before Sept.

23 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Anyone else feel like eBay sales are starting to come to a halt than say 2 weeks ago?  I’m worried the good days might be over soon :(

Yes.. I was talking w other ebay sellers and yes the past couple weeks are reflective of that slowdown.. a mix of reopening/no current MCU show/ebay's horrible system updates.. but I think mainly reopening.. that means saved up money that was supposed to be spent on vacations is being spent on that vs comics.. also the prices of everything went up.. groceries, hardware, gas, etc

25 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

@jsilverjanet
@Hey Kids, Comics!

I hope you’re right.  I’ve been watching hulk 181’s and seems like the prices are decreasing on the grades I was watching 

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

Yes.. I was talking w other ebay sellers and yes the past couple weeks are reflective of that slowdown.. a mix of reopening/no current MCU show/ebay's horrible system updates.. but I think mainly reopening.. that means saved up money that was supposed to be spent on vacations is being spent on that vs comics.. also the prices of everything went up.. groceries, hardware, gas, etc

This is what I’m thinking and the probability of a recession coming on due to the overprinting of money causing inflation

10 minutes ago, littledoom said:

And that makes sense. Make Hay while the sun is shining. 

4 sets of Nemesis sold for me in last 3 days $40 a pop.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

And that makes sense. Make Hay while the sun is shining. 

4 sets of Nemesis sold for me in last 3 days $40 a pop.

Funny you say that I just got a copy of nemesis 1 Df variant with blood for a $1