• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

It's the 1st appearance of Harley Keener... a kid that was in Iron Man 3. Now it's characters from the movies coming to comics that are causing things to heat up lol

And didn't everyone consider Iron Man 3 a dud? I bought 2 copies of cover B because it shows off the Avengers Academy Disney attraction but I'm going to dig em out and get em gone at this point. Mission accomplished :grin:

Wasn't he the random person at Tony Stark's funeral that some people theorised will be the new Iron Man?

20 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
9 hours ago, manetteska said:

IMO this is the time to SELL Invincible #1.

Only if you don't like the series.  A lot of people love it.  By the time the second series comes out, it will only go higher. 

Sure if you are collector. Don't fool yourself into thinking its going to explode again. It will gradually climb more, but the large
gains are gone. Id be cashing out even if I wasnt a fan. 

54 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Sure if you are collector. Don't fool yourself into thinking its going to explode again. It will gradually climb more, but the large
gains are gone. Id be cashing out even if I wasnt a fan.Well

I think it may not blow up but will increase.  There is also a trillion reasons why it will be worth more in a few years and that's not due to speculation 

Anyone preorder Bunny Mask from Aftershock? Seems to be getting some love from the Youtube folks (I know, I know)... I preordered 1 each of the cover A and B because it looked interesting. I'll be curious to see what it does, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Also finally read The Nice House on the Lake and I loved it - immediately ordered the next 2 issues. All this time and I didn't realize Tynion was a Milwaukee guy like me! Cool to see him use those references in the book.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

26 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Anyone preorder Bunny Mask from Aftershock? Seems to be getting some love from the Youtube folks (I know, I know)... I preordered 1 each of the cover A and B because it looked interesting. I'll be curious to see what it does, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Also finally read The Nice House on the Lake and I loved it - immediately ordered the next 2 issues. All this time and I didn't realize Tynion was a Milwaukee guy like me! Cool to see him use those references in the book.

I grabbed a few of Cover A before FOC and the incentive at cover price. Seemed like a book those folks would talk up, so I figured, why not. 

4 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I grabbed a few of Cover A before FOC and the incentive at cover price. Seemed like a book those folks would talk up, so I figured, why not. 

I thought the same thing when I saw it - but I actually do like the genre too. And I also like paying less than $3 before FOC for books that end up popping, so perfect storm!

10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Saga is a great story, but its an Adult themed story that really wasn't needed. They could have written 
this story for a much wider audience instead they chose an adult themed book which frankly I thought
was a mistake. 

I was letting my (then) 16yo daughter read it (I would read it before she got her copy) but when issue 4 came out, it was yanked from her pull list.

42 minutes ago, Hekla said:

If Paper Girls is a hit, studios will write a big check for Saga.

It's its done in the same manner as Stranger Things, if will do very well.  Time travel piece might offput people, but not I.

Patrick

49 minutes ago, Hekla said:

I was letting my (then) 16yo daughter read it (I would read it before she got her copy) but when issue 4 came out, it was yanked from her pull list.

Haha.  I can't imagine a kid reading some of that content.  Some was super filthy.  Like around #10.  Great for adults though.

Patrick

I didn't like saga 1 or invincible 1. Saga had better art and story was less generic. Most people love both so its just me. 

I would sell Invincible. I don't have a single copy left. Have no idea if it will go up or down. I would sell and buy something I know can only go up. If you bought as many sagas as you could I think you would be better off. 

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

It's its done in the same manner as Stranger Things, if will do very well.  Time travel piece might offput people, but not I.

Patrick

Me (:

14 hours ago, littledoom said:

I don’t even want to check eBay prices cause I was one of those guys who immediately dumped God Country 1 A & B cover sets for cheap the week of release. Today GC hired it’s movie director!

I loved God Country. I have every issue CGC 9.8 SS by Cates. Multiples of some including #1. I know I have at least 1 A and B along with the Image 25th anniversary #1 from that box set too.

It was a great series and if done right, will be a great movie. Ill sell closer to release probably . Either trailer release or first weekend of release maybe.

13 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
13 hours ago, manetteska said:

By second series do you mean season or something else?

I may be in for a little wager if you are. 

Sure,  what's GPA for the book now.  Someone look it up for us please.  By the time the 2nd season airs, it will be higher then today. 

@jsilverjanet - do you mind doing a solid and copy/paste the various metrics for Invincible #1 9.8 (non-SS)?

Anyone who thinks holding this book now and not cashing in, I’m not sure what you are thinking

this conversation is like the eBay conversation. You cannot change certain opinions and even after proving they are wrong they will find some way to justify it in their heads