• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Just now, AJLewandoski said:

She's one of the few who would be on the list and maybe the Hood? His #1 is still in the affordable range other than that I don't have a lot.

Gwenpool seems like someone they wouldn't move on for a while with how popular Deadpool is. Problem with the Secret Wars cover is that that was the "Gwen Stacy as other characters" series of covers where as the one in Howard the Duck is the actual new character Gwendolyne Poole so I'm not sure how people will really treat it in the future.

Hood should be an easy win.  He would be fantastic in a movie.  Not joking, the Bendis take on Hood could make him the primary villain.  Why they moved away from that in the comics was pretty dumb.  

Gwenpool may actually work in a Deadpool movie.  Maybe as a DP3 outro with the patented Reynold-rip. 

The HTD issue can be found cheaper at times.  Though I don't like it (mostly because the cover is uggs), would be a good potential pick-up.  

Patrick 

3 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

The HTD issue can be found cheaper at times.

I just found it a couple of weeks ago in a dollar bin...

Edited by Jesse-Lee

6 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Hood should be an easy win.  He would be fantastic in a movie.  Not joking, the Bendis take on Hood could make him the primary villain.  Why they moved away from that in the comics was pretty dumb.  

Gwenpool may actually work in a Deadpool movie.  Maybe as a DP3 outro with the patented Reynold-rip. 

The HTD issue can be found cheaper at times.  Though I don't like it (mostly because the cover is uggs), would be a good potential pick-up.  

Patrick 

Yea I think if Marvel were smart we'll end up with a gang war in New York with heroes like Punisher and Daredevil back in the fold. Silvermane, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Kingpin, Hood, Mister Negative all great crime bosses in the comics. Especially with how shallow the villain pools are for most heroes. Spiderman will never get to all his villains and there's no reason not to pit our grittier characters against these guys. (Provided Sony hasn't squirreled away the rights to most of those bad guys)

19 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I had 3 at one time, all from dollar bins, They sell well. I agree though, secret secret wars is the one to have (yes, got it day of release, long gone!) ;-(

Edited by Bird

40 minutes ago, Bird said:
59 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I had 3 at one time, all from dollar bins, They sell well. I agree though, secret secret wars is the one to have (yes, got it day of release, long gone!) ;-(

I dont have the secret secret 

I have had 3 of the htd 

Still I think it was the very 1st grading contest @Comics4All had a 9.8 cgc of Howard the 1st gwenpool and other raws as the prize, it's the one I chose :x

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

X-Men 11 1992 is pretty hot.. easy $20-30 seller... Newsstands easy $100+ ... a $150 copy sold yesterday.. these are raw prices.. just wow!

Non-Pressman?  

Patrick

4 minutes ago, littledoom said:

yup, you'd think these are Pressman prices but they're for the regular cover!

Wow.  Due to the Wolvie cover and Pressman-residuals? 

I can't recall a 1st or major event.  

Patrick

Seriously I’m starting to worry about the future for a lot of these people. I understand keys like amazing fantasy 15, hulk 181, etc will always have some value or retain value, but non key books or non big name heroes going for these ridiculous prices?  I have a few books I thought I’d never sell as they mean something to me but aren’t major keys or anything like that, I’m now tempted to just sell all my books and just rebuy them when the inevitable market downturn begins

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

Ive never understood the Hood. Bendis spent years trying make this guy relevant. Eventually had him even wear the gauntlet. All I see is 
petty crook with a hood and guns. The rest isn't believable.

8 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

What if? Planet Hulk was cleared out on ebay overnight now the lowest priced copy is $130. Every modern "key" is hot don't sleep on any of them :screwy:

It's been an undervalued modern key for a while now. We see far lesser moderns crushing $100-150 in 9.8 and they don't have the significance of Hulk's son, who in my opinion, is an interesting character in many ways and he does have a fan following. Prices for both What if Planet Hulk 1 and World War Hulk 5 have idled around 100.00 to 150.00 for the last few years in 9.8. The Hulk's son was bound to take off eventually. Rumor is, he may be slated for She-Hulk on Disney+ but nothing confirmed. Its too bad they didn't delve into the Planet Hulk Story line while Hulk and Thor were on Sakaar in Ragnarok but perhaps they'll elaborate on that a bit further in the future. Had they made a planet hulk movie, these two Skaar books would have exploded long ago.  I do agree though, it does seem like every modern is "hot". :ohnoez:

Edited by Timeless icons

22 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

It's been an undervalued modern key for a while now. We see far lesser moderns crushing $100-150 in 9.8 and they don't have the significance of Hulk's son, who in my opinion, is an interesting character in many ways and he does have a fan following. Prices for both What if Planet Hulk 1 and World War Hulk 5 have idled around 100.00 to 150.00 for the last few years in 9.8. The Hulk's son was bound to take off eventually. Rumor is, he may be slated for She-Hulk on Disney+ but nothing confirmed. Its too bad they didn't delve into the Planet Hulk Story line while Hulk and Thor were on Sakaar in Ragnarok but perhaps they'll elaborate on that a bit further in the future. Had they made a planet hulk movie, these two Skaar books would have exploded long ago.  I do agree though, it does seem like every modern is "hot". :ohnoez:

Well they say She Hulk is going to be a courtroom procedural maybe the Hulk is going to have to get an alien paternity test and pay some back child support? lol The show may suffer from a few too many Jade giants if they do add him in. Abomination, Hulk, She Hulk, Skaar, and whatever other gamma irradiated family/friends show up. 

1 minute ago, AJLewandoski said:

Well they say She Hulk is going to be a courtroom procedural maybe the Hulk is going to have to get an alien paternity test and pay some back child support? lol The show may suffer from a few too many Jade giants if they do add him in. Abomination, Hulk, She Hulk, Skaar, and whatever other gamma irradiated family/friends show up. 

Now THAT would be an interesting episode. lol

I was kind of thinking the same thing and overloading Hulks into one show would likely be a bad thing but then after considering the cost of all that CGI, I'm guessing they'll keep it down to a low count. I know a lot of people were disappointed that Ragnarok didn't go into Planet Hulk's story more (as was I) but hopefully, that's because they had future plans for it. :wishluck: