• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

*If* Chasm becomes a bigger villain, it will probably still take some time for prices to take off, since so many people in today's market will already have one.

I thought that, but have been moving them fast at $20 - $25 (Gleason webhead) at shows this spring. A lot of people still missed it somehow, and the webhead Gleason cover attracts the cover collector crowd. 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:33 PM, fastballspecial said:
On 5/15/2022 at 1:22 PM, kimik said:

I thought that, but have been moving them fast at $20 - $25 (Gleason webhead) at shows this spring. A lot of people still missed it somehow, and the webhead Gleason cover attracts the cover collector crowd. 

I had them at $15 at my show and didnt sell one.

Interesting. What may have helped here is that none of the stores went big as there was not heavy speculation in advance (unlike Hulk 6 lol ). It was the same with #88/1st Queen Goblin. Recent ASM back issues are not high demand items for LCSs I guess.

Edited by kimik

On 5/9/2022 at 3:30 PM, Lord Gemini said:

I don't know about that. Many of us didn't consider the show "pedestrian" at all, and it has been confirmed that there are plans for his character in the future.

I liked the show a lot. My 16 year old really dug it. My 10 year old was totally into it and he basically tuned out for Hawkeye and Loki (and Boba Fett while we're at it). I hope they don't spend 5 years making a season 2 though.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, the blob said:

thanks. I am not sure why I am popping back in now as my work life will be hell until mid-July, but the board called out to me...

Picking up the slack for the person_too_unaware_of_social_graces that forged emails about a meet and confer?? Whatta dope!

On 5/21/2022 at 2:12 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Picking up the slack for the person_too_unaware_of_social_graces that forged emails about a meet and confer?? Whatta dope!

Just a lot of stuff and not enough help.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:16 PM, Wolverinex said:

Insanely cool cover.  Batman #124 variant by Filya Bratukhin.  

Artist reminds me of Moebius and Darrow.   I think it comes out soon.   TFAW still has it for ratio.  Don't buy the overpriced ones on ebay

W1gH9hE.jpg

That's an amazing cover, thanks for the tip! So here's a dumb question - I've never pre-ordered on TFAW. Is there no "checkout" process? My payment and shipping info is added and it appears this is in my preorders, but I didn't have to do a formal check out. Is that normal for them? Thanks!

On 5/24/2022 at 11:34 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That's an amazing cover, thanks for the tip! So here's a dumb question - I've never pre-ordered on TFAW. Is there no "checkout" process? My payment and shipping info is added and it appears this is in my preorders, but I didn't have to do a formal check out. Is that normal for them? Thanks!

Dude, I know.  I can't imagine how long it took the author to draw this masterpiece.  So many details the closer you look.  He is very talented.

Yes, TFAW will automatically charge you once the book releases.  Searching online there are a lot of ebay sales for 40-50 dollars. 

I tried to reserve a copy at my LCS, but the owner told me another customer bought a bunch of extra regular copies to get a copy of this book.

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled on TFAW.   Figured I would let people know if they want to get it at ratio before they sell out.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:54 PM, Wolverinex said:

Dude, I know.  I can't imagine how long it took the author to draw this masterpiece.  So many details the closer you look.  He is very talented.

Yes, TFAW will automatically charge you once the book releases.  Searching online there are a lot of ebay sales for 40-50 dollars. 

I tried to reserve a copy at my LCS, but the owner told me another customer bought a bunch of extra regular copies to get a copy of this book.

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled on TFAW.   Figured I would let people know if they want to get it at ratio before they sell out.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I agree, this is one of the cooler covers I've seen in a long time - and I actually have been collecting the Batman run and totally missed this... :facepalm: Thanks again!

On 5/24/2022 at 11:57 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I agree, this is one of the cooler covers I've seen in a long time - and I actually have been collecting the Batman run and totally missed this... :facepalm: Thanks again!

You are welcome... so far no mention of this book anywhere yet but it definitely grabs your attention.  Normally,  I flip variants but this is going in my PC. 

On 5/24/2022 at 11:04 PM, Wolverinex said:

You are welcome... so far no mention of this book anywhere yet but it definitely grabs your attention.  Normally,  I flip variants but this is going in my PC. 

Oh yeah, this is 100% a keeper for me, no doubt.

Edited to add - Especially because I can't wait to actually see it in hand; this is one of those books/covers you can just stare at and get lost in.

Edited by Jesse-Lee