• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2022 at 3:48 PM, lostboys said:

CGC should note that on the label...no?

I haven't read the story but 20 issues later the same thing happens with carnage concerning the silver surfer, so I would assume to cgc it depends on how integral and connected to the "story" it is, imo.

I own both #410,#430,&#431, but I've always wondered myself if it was just a hype or rumored thing to be. If it wasnt similar to rumor on the cover itself, I wouldnt have bothered collecting. 

Indeed. I WISH IT WAS ON THE LABEL. :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/14/2022 at 4:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I haven't read the story but 20 issues later the same thing happens with carnage concerning the silver surfer, so I would assume to cgc it depends on how integral and connected to the "story" it is, imo.

I own both #410,#430,&#431, but I've always wondered myself if it was just a hype or rumored thing to be. If it wasnt similar to rumor on the cover itself, I wouldnt have bothered collecting. 

Indeed. I WISH IT WAS ON THE LABEL. :roflmao:

In my mind, the bonding happens, but the new form or entity isnt named. That's how I understood.

So, imo, cgc wouldnt make up a name not given in the comics to put on the label. Like what if it was named later by said writers or artists? Then cgc would have a mess of their slabbed copies.

That's how I understood it. :foryou:

@lostboys

On 6/14/2022 at 4:34 PM, mr_highgrade said:

CGC never changed the label on Star Wars #42 (first fett in comics) so, I highly doubt that they would change the label on Spidey #410. 2c

It's more pain than it's worth to mention to cgc too.

They say to write it on the submission form and the graders will decide if to notate, but it's never worked for me, especially on a brand new label notation. 

That kind if thing might work for Newsstand or mar jeweler or some such, but a 1st app and the like has never ever worked for me :(

On 6/14/2022 at 2:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's more pain than it's worth to mention to cgc too.

They say to write it on the submission form and the graders will decide if to notate, but it's never worked for me, especially on a brand new label notation. 

That kind if thing might work for Newsstand or mar jeweler or some such, but a 1st app and the like has never ever worked for me :(

It's definitely worth a shot.  I got the first black Pirate added to action 23 and first mention of batcave to batman 12.

First appearance of kindred also just got added to the last volume of ASM 1.

-J.

On 6/14/2022 at 5:31 PM, Jaydogrules said:

It's definitely worth a shot.  I got the first black Pirate added to action 23 and first mention of batcave to batman 12.

First appearance of kindred also just got added to the last volume of ASM 1.

-J.

If someone would, work on batwoman beyond?

Is it true that it is issue #37?

I bought it advertised as such, but never had it added, on two tries :(

Came across this just by chance, and had no idea that this books garnered this type of coin.  Low print and by a company that is still around, but only puts out like random tpbs and such.

Forgotten Realms Homeland #1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=forgotten+realms+homeland+ddp&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

It will be interesting to see how many stores missed out on the Batman #125 cover M that was added late. It is apparently the first cover and appearance of the new villain, Failsafe. The print run on the book should be high due to store variants and a 1:500, but since the cover art was not released before FOC it sounds like some local stores did not order it here.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:21 AM, Wolverinex said:

Me too.  It's hanging on my wall now.  Glad you like it!  This comes out at the end of the month.  Deathstroke INC 10.  1:25 FILYA BRATUKHIN

Most preorders are sold out online.  If anyone finds one that's still in stock, please PM me.  

I love that he has Deadshot's, Dr. Fate, Peacemaker's helmets, Hawkman's wings  included.  As well as Medusa's head with her eyes gorged out.  Impossible detail as usual. 

I picked up a few extra Batman copies since I have a feeling people may start collecting this guy's work in the future.  Not much talk on a lot of the speculation sites yet, so they are relatively cheap.  

FOJQiXRXEAgd0H9.thumb.jpg.719d86f342f4a44bcd92152cfe283f01.jpg

Which speculation sites do you refer to, to see what's up and coming?

On 6/16/2022 at 12:28 AM, kimik said:

It will be interesting to see how many stores missed out on the Batman #125 cover M that was added late. It is apparently the first cover and appearance of the new villain, Failsafe. The print run on the book should be high due to store variants and a 1:500, but since the cover art was not released before FOC it sounds like some local stores did not order it here.

What's the count on new Batman villains in the past 24 months?

On 6/16/2022 at 8:48 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Not going to lie, I ordered a couple of copies of the Cover M - Batman is on my pull list, but I had to scramble to grab this cover, same as that 124 1:25. FOMO.

I hope you did not pay more than $20 for the #124 1:25 based on what they are going for on eBay now. 

On 6/16/2022 at 10:21 AM, kimik said:

I hope you did not pay more than $20 for the #124 1:25 based on what they are going for on eBay now. 

Just a touch more - got it for $22.50. Win some, lose some - but it's all good, it was always going to be a keeper for me anyway, and I love how it looks in-hand. Definitely not the worst beat I've taken by a long shot, and I'm still way up overall in the long run.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:40 PM, kimik said:

That is not bad, and $20-$25 for a keeper cover for yourself is not an issue.

Also, sometimes it takes time for books to catch on. The appeal here is the style of the artist, who is still relatively unknown. In time, more people may take notice and look for books of interest.

On 6/16/2022 at 12:52 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Also, sometimes it takes time for books to catch on. The appeal here is the style of the artist, who is still relatively unknown. In time, more people may take notice and look for books of interest.

@Wolverinex and I were actually talking about how Bratukhin's (the artist's) upcoming Deathstroke Inc. cover is sold out everywhere, and at prices around double what the Batman 124 when it was coming out. I'm sure Deathstroke Inc. has a much lower print run, but maybe a string of popular/valued covers will help. I really do love the art style.

Based on re-sale prices, buying variants pre-order for a premium is not worth it. Most drop from pre-order prices. Unless you are bulking enough copies to qualify for the variant and get them at a bulk discount to cover price, it is better to wait until you see whether they are going to drop or run up.

That being said, eBayers should pay premiums for every variant that we list. lol 

Edited by kimik