• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2022 at 1:40 PM, 500Club said:

Nice try.  Speculation IS educated guesses.  Full stop. :headpat:

You take the incomplete information you have, and make a bet.  If there wasn’t an element of guessing, it’d be called a ‘sure thing’.

Sure things are better than acting like you know what you're talking about and claiming it as facts

On 7/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, Second Blight said:

Sure things are better than acting like you know what you're talking about and claiming it as facts

lol It was based on facts. Late info the weekend of FOC, but it was there for every store paying attention. Granted, a lot of stores do not really order DC so they would not have paid attention, but it is not like DC did not let retailers know.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, Second Blight said:

Here are the facts:  DC offered an ‘M’ cover solicited as ‘Failsafe reveal cover’.  No cover image was released prior to FOC.  From those facts, you had to decide to speculate on cover M or not. (shrug)

Here are more facts:  Many LCS’s tend to stick with cover A, and or a few of the open order variants.  Most LCS’s aren’t going to gamble on a cover M with no image available.

Here are the results:  LCS’s are complaining about the cover image being released after FOC.  The book was under ordered and is selling for a premium.

Read ‘em and weep, Mr smh

On 7/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, 500Club said:

Here are the facts:  DC offered an ‘M’ cover solicited as ‘Failsafe reveal cover’.  No cover image was released prior to FOC.  From those facts, you had to decide to speculate on cover M or not. (shrug)

Here are more facts:  Many LCS’s tend to stick with cover A, and or a few of the open order variants.  Most LCS’s aren’t going to gamble on a cover M with no image available.

Here are the results:  LCS’s are complaining about the cover image being released after FOC.  The book was under ordered and is selling for a premium.

Read ‘em and weep, Mr smh

I know the cover wasnt revealed before FOC.

Other than that, I see no other facts from you. Only the spin cycle to suit your agenda

Got sources ? Na, that would be too easy for you.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, Second Blight said:

Other than that, I see no other facts from you. Only the spin cycle to suit your agenda

No agenda there.  Just facts.

Your dismissive monopolyjackoff persona may play on Comics Heating Up, but over here, you might want to bring some facts of your own. :baiting:

On 7/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, Second Blight said:

Why would anyone post their sources on a public message board? :roflmao:

On 7/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, 500Club said:

No agenda there.  Just facts.

Your dismissive monopolyjackoff persona may play on Comics Heating Up, but over here, you might want to bring some facts of your own. :baiting:

You still dont have facts...

Im waiting......

On 7/5/2022 at 12:05 PM, Second Blight said:

You still dont have facts...

All listed above. :headpat:

Got any facts to refute them?  Didn’t think so.

This is the ‘Moderns Heating Up’ thread.  Batman 125, right now, is heating up.  Will it stay that way?  Tough to say.  Will Zdarsky have a six issue, or six year run on Batman?  Will Failsafe be a one off, or recurring character?  All tough to say.  But as it stands right now, a guy who preordered Batman 125 cover M can gloat all he wants, and sell the book right now for a nice premium. (shrug)

On 7/5/2022 at 5:17 PM, djzombi said:

After a several-year hiatus, I resumed selling on eBay a few months ago.  Last week was the first week I didn't have a single sale  :(  

I have been dealing with my dad's estate (he had a stroke and I had to clean out his home) and he is in a board and care facility now. So, I have not tried to sell/post new inventory on my ebay store in about six weeks. However, now that things on the personal end have slowed some, I'm realizing the views are drastically reduced on what few items I left up. I see they changed yet another feature of their site to avoid bot views. 

On 7/5/2022 at 9:26 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I have been dealing with my dad's estate (he had a stroke and I had to clean out his home) and he is in a board and care facility now. So, I have not tried to sell/post new inventory on my ebay store in about six weeks. However, now that things on the personal end have slowed some, I'm realizing the views are drastically reduced on what few items I left up. I see they changed yet another feature of their site to avoid bot views. 

Sorry to hear about your personal issues. I definitely understand what it tales to be there and take care of loved ones. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:54 AM, Wolverinex said:

Yeah,  huge slowdown on Ebay

My views dropped another 30% compared to last month and they were down 25% last month also.  I'm to the point that it's a surprise when a sale comes in.

Edited by 1Cool

I finally had a sale Monday the 4th after 3 weeks of nothing.  About fell off the couch when I heard the cash register sound come from the ebay app on the phone.  Crazy thing was that I had a sale in my store of 10-15% off that ended Sunday, and generated no sales.  Sold a copy of G.I. Joe Saturday Morning Adventures #1A for $22.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:21 AM, gradejunky said:

I finally had a sale Monday the 4th after 3 weeks of nothing.  About fell off the couch when I heard the cash register sound come from the ebay app on the phone.  Crazy thing was that I had a sale in my store of 10-15% off that ended Sunday, and generated no sales.  Sold a copy of G.I. Joe Saturday Morning Adventures #1A for $22.

Yeah,  i think people are buying gas and food instead