• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2022 at 2:49 AM, kimik said:

Had a chat with a local buyer/reseller on the weekend. He said that once eBay started to charge for promoting fixed price listings in June he noticed that his stuff was getting dropped to the bottom of searches. Once he shifted to auctions rather than paying for promoting he started getting the same level of views. I am not sure if this is the case for everyone, but something to look into regardless.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:19 AM, littledoom said:

they always charged

Kind of defeats the purpose of being promoted if everyone gets it for free?

On 7/13/2022 at 3:29 PM, ygogolak said:
On 7/12/2022 at 12:49 AM, kimik said:

Had a chat with a local buyer/reseller on the weekend. He said that once eBay started to charge for promoting fixed price listings in June he noticed that his stuff was getting dropped to the bottom of searches. Once he shifted to auctions rather than paying for promoting he started getting the same level of views. I am not sure if this is the case for everyone, but something to look into regardless.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:19 AM, littledoom said:

they always charged

I have no clue as I have not noticed that issue with my fixed price listings. He just said that there was some change to start June in the way things are promoted and his listings were suffering as a result.

Edited by kimik

On 7/13/2022 at 2:29 PM, ygogolak said:

the big difference is that now the lowest rate is 2% changed from 1% and the USPS postal rates have increased. PayPal has also increasing it's fee rate to 3.49% plus .45 cents processing fee. It's getting harder to make a dollar

Edited by littledoom

On 7/11/2022 at 11:49 PM, kimik said:

I know at one point my promoted listings were considered ads and Ad Block and UBlock were filtering them on browsers. Very possible this is the case.

On 7/14/2022 at 12:20 AM, Tnexus said:

I know at one point my promoted listings were considered ads and Ad Block and UBlock were filtering them on browsers. Very possible this is the case.

I think it's absolutely the case.  I was posting buy it now sports cards and sometimes getting zero views, when I switched them to auction I immediately started getting views.

On 7/16/2022 at 10:26 PM, WolverineX said:

Surprised to see that Fried pie variants are actually gaining value... I remember when these were dollar books.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203803910109?hash=item2f73a8dfdd:g:HO4AAOSwHWBhNA7C

There are some hidden gems for sure with the fried pie variants. The Han's Black widow is so underrated imo. The Gary Frank JL cover is great too. Mighty Thor #700, and Batman Rebirth #1, DKIII, Batman/TMNT. The list goes on. 

On 7/16/2022 at 10:46 PM, maidenmate91 said:

There are some hidden gems for sure with the fried pie variants. The Han's Black widow is so underrated imo. The Gary Frank JL cover is great too. Mighty Thor #700, and Batman Rebirth #1, DKIII, Batman/TMNT. The list goes on. 

Oh yeah those picks are excellent.  I've always loved the Thor 700

inhyuk-lee-mighty-thor-700.jpg?150588738

On 7/16/2022 at 9:46 PM, maidenmate91 said:

The new Hastings Variants. I still buy those as well. Made a ton on Spawn Hastings a few years back.

On 7/20/2022 at 7:34 PM, fastballspecial said:

The new Hastings Variants. I still buy those as well. Made a ton on Spawn Hastings a few years back.

I loved visiting Hastings while I was on work trips back in the day. I made a killing from the Laramie WY Hastings.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:10 AM, kimik said:

Are there no hot books from this week's new releases?

Just the usual Catwoman 1:25 Sozomaika variant, as far as I can see...

On 7/21/2022 at 1:44 PM, Hekla said:

I loved visiting Hastings while I was on work trips back in the day. I made a killing from the Laramie WY Hastings.

I liked how the inventory was different various stores as well. The Spawn 227 was not really special I didnt think, but
man has it exploded. I also did well with Silk and Spider-Gwen variants. I am trying to remember other Hastings variants
that did well.

Fried pie variants just need a couple more years to cook there are some nice ones. 

Seems like a lot of Fried Pie variants ended up at Second and Charles. The couple that I've been to had HUGE supplies of them a couple of years ago. I went to a S&C in another town a couple of weeks ago, and they still had a few. But I don't buy moderns very often, or variants hardly at all, so I didn't pick any up. Off the top of my head it seemed like they were mostly Star Wars, Iron Man and Black Widow on the last visit.