• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2023 at 2:56 AM, 1Cool said:

How can you tell?  They are so rare that it looks like they have been in very high demand for quite a while.  The prices I see being realized are pretty crazy so I do agree it's hot but hard to define it as red hot when there is only a handful of copies that have sold over the last few months.

Well, the sales figures indicate that those copies that do become available are red-hot as in demand. There are several other versions of issues that while not appearing every week, sell for high prices when they do materialize (although perhaps not at present in the depressed market).

On 7/12/2023 at 6:55 AM, Zonker said:

Yet I couldn't sell it at my show this past week back. It was the only book I was sure would sell and it did not. I had a NM copy for $80 and everyone passed one guy wanted it, but offered me half.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 7/12/2023 at 7:25 PM, Zonker said:

Just imagine... if it only had been...

Hide contents

A newsstand!  :flipbait:

:jokealert:

That would have been very, very interesting... for one particular reason.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:38 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is it because they weren't distributing that to newsstands?

Yes. The Spectre hasn't had a series with newsstand distribution since the 60s.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:21 PM, fastballspecial said:

Yet I couldn't sell it at my show this past week back. It was the only book I was sure would sell and it did not. I had a NM copy for $80 and everyone passed one guy wanted it, but offered me half.

I sold one recently... apparently for too little based on this sale. :cry: Oh well, I guess I'll price the next one higher.

Knight Terrors # 1's black light variant had a printing error and was recalled. Of course some made it to market and most sellers on eBay are pricing it at $20. I don't think word of the error is widespread yet. I also don't know the staying value for this, but it' still pretty cool. The brown color should be neon green.

dckt.jpg

On 7/13/2023 at 4:20 AM, kimik said:

Although, is that considered Adventure Comics or Spectre?

Yes... :signofftopic: But since we went there...

Most of my younger self's "original owner" purchases in the mid-1970s were not from actual "newsstands" but from the spinner racks in the drug stores and grocery stores coinciding with my mom's shopping trips.  The exception was the Fleisher/Aparo Spectre series in Adventure, which never seemed to be available at the usual locations.  The only place I could find it was in the magazine section of the now-defunct G.C Murphy retailer, which was a very infrequent destination, so I at best acquired only half of the issues.  Did anyone else have a similar experience with this series back in the day?  Any truth to the speculation that the violence level led to some of the more mainstream outlets avoiding selling this one altogether?  

On 7/13/2023 at 9:08 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Dead by Daylight #1 FOC foil variant is selling for $30 plus shipping. Pre-order price was around $10. Think retail was $15. 

It is too bad that the production quality on DbD 1 was so poor. All of the copies I have seen, including my pre-orders, have bends/tiny creases on the spine.

On 7/13/2023 at 6:03 AM, Brock said:

Savage Dragon 266 (swimsuit cover C), released yesterday, is being scooped up. Only a handful left on eBay, and prices went from cover to double that overnight.

Savage.jpg

I was debating going big on a pre-order for this and should have instead of just a few copies. I was not sure whether there is enough demand for Savage Dragon to make it worthwhile.