• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,857 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2023 at 9:34 AM, Corona smith said:
On 7/27/2023 at 9:28 PM, Tnexus said:

What I want to know is how Bry got his 1/1 Edge of Spider-Verse 1 virgin variant a CGC 10.0.

A modern Marvel comic getting a 10.0. I mean come on. I hate how CGC is just selling grades now.

If I remember correctly there were actually two copies and he kept one for himself and lied about their only being one copy. I don’t mess with store variants because they lie so much about how many copies are available and some even claim to destroy the bulk of the copies to make it limited. 

I haven't followed this story that closely -- and probably don't want to -- but if Bry was pimping these mystery boxes as having 20 virgin copies (the rest being destroyed) and then kept 1 for himself.... isn't that misleading right off the bat?

Either the mystery boxes then only have 19 virgin copies for buyers to get, or there are 21 total copies out there.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:42 AM, kimik said:

Getting us back on topic, what are the hot new releases this week?

Not sure about new releases, but Superior Spider-man 1, and to a lesser extent, ASM 700.

On 8/2/2023 at 10:46 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Not sure about new releases, but Superior Spider-man 1, and to a lesser extent, ASM 700.

Really? I have a small stack of Superior Spidey 1s someplace as a longer term hold (I think I did 50 copies, and sold 40 when they were initially hot). I will have to dig them out then.

Why the interest in these two books now?

Edited by kimik

On 8/2/2023 at 12:47 PM, kimik said:

Really? I have a small stack of Superior Spidey 1s someplace as a longer term hold (I think I did 50 copies, and sold 40 when they were initially hot). I will have to dig them out then.

Why the interest in these two books now?

I think Slott hinted at something involving the character, but I could be wrong. 

I sold a copy over the weekend pretty soon after listing it. 

Apparently they're bringing it back in a new ongoing series. They're not necessarily exploding in price, but they're rising a bit and people are buying.

Now Slott just needs to do more with Red Goblin so the 700 or copies of ASM 800 I still have sitting in cases can be sold for more than cover. Selling the variants right away generated a profit (and I still have a bunch of damage replacements sitting in long box as Marvel/Diamond was handing them out like candy - in the end I had 3x as many of the Dell Otto 1:25s as I should have as they shipped my file LCS a ton of them and the owner gave a bunch to me), but that I could only move a couple of hundred or so over time and still have way too many for my wife's liking sitting in corner. :censored:

On 8/2/2023 at 12:32 PM, PeterPark said:

What about Daredevil 21? 

At the time, I made sure to go out and get a newsstand of that one.

I actually thought long about getting one, and yet haven't.

idk it cgc really notates anything concerning "superior Spidey" on it, which always left me wondering if it was somewheres else... (shrug)

Pretty well accepted though I guess

On 8/2/2023 at 2:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I actually thought long about getting one, and yet haven't.

idk it cgc really notates anything concerning "superior Spidey" on it, which always left me wondering if it was somewheres else... (shrug)

Pretty well accepted though I guess

When it came out, everyone thought it was the first appearance, but I think ASM 698 may have been held back or something? I don't think it was supposed to be...UXM annual 14 all over again...

On 8/2/2023 at 10:59 AM, kimik said:

I am sure he destroyed the rest of them. Unless he posts a video showing them burning in a barrel outside of his store with customers watching it is jus his word (which at this point appears to be diminishing in value by the day).

I'm not disputing the destroying of extras -- as I think that was done by CGC at the time of grading -- I'm questioning the "final" number of Virgin variants in the mystery boxes.

i.e. He sends 2k to CGC to grade 20 and destroy the rest. He keeps 1; now there are 19 up for grabs in the mystery boxes, not 20 as promised. (Or did he tell CGC to grade 21?)

On 8/2/2023 at 10:00 AM, kimik said:

Wow. I just looked and the first couple of copies that popped up on eBay are at over $40 and ending today. Time to list some.

I'm not sure the legitimacy of those sales. possible shilling/outlier. there's cheaper copies available

Not really hot yet, but with the hype of Spider-Boy in Spidey #7, might want to get your pre-orders in for the first issue... 

AUG230637.webp.61856fea8385f6906e4a6889c1d9b67f.webp

@kimik - 700 or more of these will run you out of the house! xD

On 8/2/2023 at 7:00 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not really hot yet, but with the hype of Spider-Boy in Spidey #7, might want to get your pre-orders in for the first issue... 

AUG230637.webp.61856fea8385f6906e4a6889c1d9b67f.webp

@kimik - 700 or more of these will run you out of the house! xD

There are some interesting open order variants too (interesting because of the cover artists, I haven't seen the actual art anywhere yet). A Skottie Young, a JTC negative space, a foil, an "homage" variant of some sort. And I'm sure there will be a ton of "exclusive" variants as well.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:17 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

There are some interesting open order variants too (interesting because of the cover artists, I haven't seen the actual art anywhere yet). A Skottie Young, a JTC negative space, a foil, an "homage" variant of some sort. And I'm sure there will be a ton of "exclusive" variants as well.

So was the past one with him parkouring over the roof only a cameo?

On 8/2/2023 at 10:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 8/2/2023 at 9:17 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Expand  

So was the past one with him parkouring over the roof only a cameo?

Ah nevermind it's all spiderman #7