• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

The foil edition of Titan’s Conan the Barbarian #1 shipped a week later than the other variants, and seems to have flown under the radar as a result. Copies are now going for $30-$40, and seem to be rising.

I wonder how The Devil's Cut #1 will be received tomorrow? It looks like an attempt by some of the top creatives of this generation to do their own version of Image. I hope it goes well for them.

On 8/25/2023 at 3:43 AM, mr_highgrade said:

There was a Uncanny X-men #268 CGC 9.8 newsie that sold for around $1,400 on feebay a couple of months ago. Another iconic Jim Lee cover.

I'll never understand why people don't do their homework first. That issue in 9.8 is very common

(fact).

Jim Lee art is also very dated. Lee was always good at pin-up shots, but a whole story was another matter (if you are confused, muster the energy to ask an intelligent question and perhaps we can discuss...)

Edited by World Devourer

On 8/30/2023 at 4:39 AM, World Devourer said:

I'll never understand why people don't do their homework first. That issue in 9.8 is very common and Jim Lee art is also very dated. Lee was always good at pin-up shots, but a whole story was another matter.

Been awhile since I met a Jim Lee hater. 

On 8/30/2023 at 11:23 PM, World Devourer said:

Did I say I hated Jim Lee's art? hm

Not really, but since you edited your post and changed the dynamic of the initial thought, the inquiry is appropriate - just sayin'... :) 

On 8/31/2023 at 4:28 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not really, but since you edited your post and changed the dynamic of the initial thought, the inquiry is appropriate - just sayin'... :) 

I wanted to see if anyone wanted to argue the point about quantity. While I like those Lee splashes (such as the famous Captain Ametica shot), I stand by my assertion about Lee art in general.

On 8/31/2023 at 3:55 AM, World Devourer said:

I wanted to see if anyone wanted to argue the point about quantity. While I like those Lee splashes (such as the famous Captain Ametica shot), I stand by my assertion about Lee art in general.

The discussion is about a Newsstand edition. Do you know it's a fact that Newsstand 9.8s are common?

On 9/1/2023 at 12:14 PM, Kryptonite38 said:

Anyone know a way to see Ebay sold prices for items that sold over 2 years ago?

Never heard of a way to go that far back.  3 months is as far back as I can see.