• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2023 at 2:19 PM, Corona smith said:

I just sold a new x-men #114 newsstand for $85!! I have quite a few so I’m listing more. 

Raw book? I see sellers asking that, but nobody has sold one yet. 
Most sales $10-20.  A newsstand might bring a pretty penny right now.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 8/11/2023 at 11:13 PM, fastballspecial said:

Traditionally this is a slow time every year with kids going to back to school.

Seems Deadpool tie ins to the movie are still moving. MCP 95 I read several times I have no
idea how it ties into the origin of the costume, but what do I know. 

Mr Terrific appearances continue to sell well in multiple books including Terrifics 1. 

Sold some WorldTR33 variants this week.

Sold couple copies of Ruins 1 this week. Never cared for the art, but some love it
Had several requests for it at my last show. 

Some nice newsstand sets sold as well as singles last month or so in high grade
including DD 119 last issue of the volume. 

War Hammer 0 and 1 still sell well found a few cheap copies awhile back 
they are still out there buried in boxes go look for them. 

How is Invincible selling for you lately? Any additional interest with second season dates revealed?

On 8/12/2023 at 7:52 AM, GLCBrad said:

How is Invincible selling for you lately? Any additional interest with second season dates revealed?

I'd be interested to know this as well?

I started a sales thread in copper/modern, the books and prices are still there, but I closed it due to trying to consign with a LCS? I'm not sure if folly, but it "I think" was time to let go of the 'run I have."

On 8/12/2023 at 11:12 AM, fastballspecial said:

Where you been haven't seen you in forever?

The Atom Eve show was fantastic. I have no reason to believe the 2nd season will not be great. I am already
sold out of almost every Invincible I have except for a set of the last 12 issues and a few stragglers I pay nothing for.
I sell on the way up I try not to time the market ever.

I would have already put up any high dollar value issue I had. Otherwise you run the fear of becoming a
"Walking Dead" book and you know the value of those books currently.  Invincible will never be an event like that
even though I think its great its only going to appeal to a certain portion of collectors. Nostalgia later is a different argument.

Chasing top dollar is both dangerous and desperate is always my advice when anyone asks. Others will disagree
with me I am sure, but that motto has kept me safely in the hobby for decades. 

Remember nobody here talks about their loses. 

Work and family took precedent for a bit but glad to peek in every so often!

Hope you are doing great and the sales stay hot…

I’m very hopeful that season 2 (and allegedly season 3 right away) is top notch as well.

I have far too many raws to sift through, long overdue. I recall buying like 6-7 complete runs in the 2015ish range. Maybe this will stimulate me to giddy up 

On 8/12/2023 at 8:52 AM, GLCBrad said:

I’ve moved 3 radom issues over the past week that had set for a while. Issues in the 80s to 100s

edited because I can’t type anymore. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, Jackhartmann said:
On 8/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, Jackhartmann said:

Not many CGC on the *bay

There likely wouldn't have been many CGC copies on eBay normally, not a particularly valuable comic. What was there then got swept up in speculation. 

In another month, as people increasingly submit raw copies, there might be a stream of them. If the rumor has any legs.

I just got cleaned out of Deadpool #30

1st appearance of Ellie Camacho apparently.

Why the sudden interest?