• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2023 at 2:36 PM, littledoom said:

David Fincher's newest movie releasing on Netflix is adapted from this French comic series

The book was very good, at least the first 2 volumes.  It didn't end as well, but was still pretty cool - for what it's worth.  I'm looking forward to the flick in November. Some of the collections are getting a few bucks too.  

On 9/8/2023 at 10:38 AM, ygogolak said:

That's only 2 years. They asked for more than 2 years.

You can. Select the year and select the past 2 years. Should be good for as long as your saved cache history permits. Works for me. I'm able to see prices from 2019

Edited by littledoom

Graded newsstand copies of Batman #1 New 52 $8500 and New X-Men #128 sold for crazy ridiculous amounts recently. So crazy they’re suspect. I mean I just bought my CBCS 9.8 NXM128 a week before the CGC graded copy sold for over $1100. 

IMG_8109.jpeg

Edited by Corona smith

On 9/8/2023 at 5:37 PM, Corona smith said:

Graded newsstand copies of Batman #1 New 52 $8500 and New X-Men #128 sold for crazy ridiculous amounts recently. So crazy they’re suspect. I mean I just bought my CBCS 9.8 NXM128 a week before the CGC graded copy sold for over $1100.

That $1100 sale was supposedly for a newsstand copy, as the title says, but the upc looks like all the other copies that sold, same number.  Maybe the title was WRONG?!?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=new+X-Men+%23128+(cgc%2Ccbcs)&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

On 9/8/2023 at 7:01 PM, Lightning55 said:

That $1100 sale was supposedly for a newsstand copy, as the title says, but the upc looks like all the other copies that sold, same number.  Maybe the title was WRONG?!?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=new+X-Men+%23128+(cgc%2Ccbcs)&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

No that's the newsstand.  

How rare is the newsstand? 

On 9/8/2023 at 7:38 PM, WolverineX said:

No that's the newsstand.  

How rare is the newsstand? 

I'm a bit new to newsstand vs. direct, as far as following that newsstand issues are gaining more respect, and how to tell the differences.  It's nice when the label makes the distinction, but I know the grading companies have been slow to adopt this, too.  And if graded years ago, not going to state it, probably.

At a cursory glance, all those issues in that search look like they have the same UPC.  What am I missing?

I know zero about the rarity of this particular newsstand issue, and not much more on most others.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, Readcomix said:

“Marvel Ruins” hm … Flippers probably just saw the title and assumed it was the template for the current movie phase. 

Actually I had multiple requests at shows from collectors not flippers in June and I couldnt figure out why then a month or two later it got hot. 

On 9/8/2023 at 10:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

Actually I had multiple requests at shows from collectors not flippers in June and I couldnt figure out why then a month or two later it got hot. 

I was just kidding based on the title, as in: "Marvel Ruins" = recent MCU projects.

But it also sounds like a lot of people find it a good read. Will keep my eyes peeled.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:37 PM, Corona smith said:

IMG_8109.jpeg

:facepalm:

:screwy: