• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Someone mentioned it early, but what's the what on Nonplayer #1? Looks like a $5-$7 book raw with 9.8's going for $80. Now that the movie (wtf... one issue out and now a movie?) has a writer will this start to heat up? I thought the printrun on this was pretty decent (for an Image book). Anyone know? Where are 9.8's going to top out?

Should I buy this raw copy for $125?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nonplayer-Issue-1-By-Nate-Simpson-Image-Comics-/110817781670?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19cd4127a6#ht_500wt_898

"Nonplayer issue #1 sold out . This is in mint condition and it is bagged and boarded . "

I would not pay $125 for a raw copy of this book. $15-$20 seems about right for a raw copy.

I dunno... I'm thinking $125 is a steal... 6 months from now you'll be sorry for ignoring my advice!

Are you the guy that BAZZLE was warning me about?

:jokealert::devil:

and which nonplayer is the true 1st print, i'm seeing some people say the cover with the #1 outside the words is a 2nd print variant and some saying it's a 1st print....there's also the cover with the #1 inside the letters that is being called a 1st print.

and which nonplayer is the true 1st print, i'm seeing some people say the cover with the #1 outside the words is a 2nd print variant and some saying it's a 1st print....there's also the cover with the #1 inside the letters that is being called a 1st print.

The cover with the white border around the artwork is the 1st print. The cover with the full bleed cover art is 2nd print.

well the guy is guaranteeing the book will get graded a mint 10.0. Sounds worth it.

Then he should get it graded and sell it for $200. lol

Seriously, this book is not even a year old yet. Movie buzz will help it for a while, but it's no guarantee long term unless it actually gets made. As much as I liked the first issue, I have serious reservations about whether we'll ever see the story completed in comic form.

well the guy is guaranteeing the book will get graded a mint 10.0. Sounds worth it.

Then he should get it graded and sell it for $200. lol

Seriously, this book is not even a year old yet. Movie buzz will help it for a while, but it's no guarantee long term unless it actually gets made. As much as I liked the first issue, I have serious reservations about whether we'll ever see the story completed in comic form.

Not only does the movie have to get made, it also probably has to actually be a good movie that people like. Given the current Hollywood hit machine, I don't know if I like those odds...

The cover with the white border around the artwork is the 1st print. The cover with the full bleed cover art is 2nd print.

there are 2 different covers with different fonts for the nonplayer title, both being sold as 1st prints. Was there a variant cover that came out with the 1st printing?

The 2nd print has the words "second print" on the cover, right by #1.

nonplayer12ndprint.jpg

there are 2 different covers with different fonts for the nonplayer title, both being sold as 1st prints. Was there a variant cover that came out with the 1st printing?

Not to my knowledge. Got any pics?

here's a guy selling one with a different cover.

nonplayer

Edited by krighton

I believe the people on Ebay who are using the cover with the #1 within the words are using a stock pic taken from Image's site. This was used for their ads and did not end up being the actual cover for their first print. The first print cover looks like this:

nonplayer1.jpg

Edited by prodigy44