• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Both my LCS have several and I mean several copies of Thief of Thieves and I dont live in a large metroplitan area. One still has at least 20+ copies.

I read Fatale 1 and 2 the other night and was not overally impressed. Its decent and suspenseful, but nothing to trip over. A 20K print run is very generous. All that said I sold 2 of my copies today in under 24 hours for $35. I had 3 offers as well before it sold.

If Fatale was a 20K book then Thief of Thieves either has to be much higher or they speculated heavily on Kirkman.

Well that's per for the course. :baiting:

Figured it would be you or Lebowski. :blahblah:

Should have known Chew boy would strike first :sumo:

Such unprovoked atrocity I am shocked (shrug)

Edited by Fastballspecial

any guesses as to how long Uncanny X-Force will remain hot? Sitting on almost a complete run with all variants. Just didn't want to sit too long.

Sell sell sell! Or at least throw that run up on eBay for a BIN or best offer that is say 25% above the highest recent sales and see what happens.

so it's on the edge of the cliff or just wise to take advantage of it's present hottness. Was thinking of doing a Liefeld CGC SS of the Variant 1 at image expo. Can i wait that long? I guess i can just hold that one back. Seems to get hot often.

Edited by krighton

any guesses as to how long Uncanny X-Force will remain hot? Sitting on almost a complete run with all variants. Just didn't want to sit too long.

Sell sell sell! Or at least throw that run up on eBay for a BIN or best offer that is say 25% above the highest recent sales and see what happens.

+1!

Do you think that the delay in publishing of nonplayer #2 until at least this October (according to Nate Simpson) will kill this series or do you think its worth the wait? I was thinking about picking up the first issue, but just read that news today on CBR and now I'm on the fence.

Do you think that the delay in publishing of nonplayer #2 until at least this October (according to Nate Simpson) will kill this series or do you think its worth the wait? I was thinking about picking up the first issue, but just read that news today on CBR and now I'm on the fence.

I'm not going to wait around 8 months for another issue of some comic. I like Nonplayer 1 but I'll most likely forget all about it by then...just being honest with my self lol

I think its more like 13 months ... you mean wait 8 more months. I tend to agree. God bless the guy, but I tend to think that the publisher needs to step in and tell him that he's going to have to speed it up, just draw the cover and write and pick another artist and work on a mini series that he can publish seperately or do something to make this work. It's a shame that comics don't sell enough that Simpson can quit his day job. I've not read his stuff but he's clearly talented from what I've seen and it seems like he has a hell of a product.

I was wondering about the print run of this title that came out today (Road Rage #1 Stephen King Joe Hill ComicsPro Variant), can any body point me in the right direction?

by the time you find out it will be sold out everywhere...it's hot hot hot

although i do wonder how hot a limited series comic can get....only 4 issues unless it becomes a monthly down the road.

Edited by krighton

We ordered 30 copies of Fatale 1 (15 of each cover).

The day of release we had pre-sold 12. Two days later when the book started taking off, we had a website order for 15 copies.

We refunded the order and thanked the customer for his interest.

By the end of week 1, we had sold out to 30 different customers.

We sold out of 30 copies of #2 to the same customers and have 30 orders for #3.

Had we sold the 15 copies to our online speculator, we would have been down in sales on the subsequent issues.

Sometimes it works to turn away sales

It's been an interesting,

I took our son to a LCS to check out some Simpson and Muppet comics. While I was browsing I ran into a small stack of Fatale #1 2nd prints and a stack of Fatale # 2s. So I grabbed both stacks but when it came time to check out, the dealer told me I could only buy one of each? Is this standard LCS practice?

Now for the rest of the story,

The above wasn't my normal LCS I like to visit, it was just more convient at the time. Well after I was denyed buying those books. I decided I would go ask my usual crack dealer. So I walk in the store and first thing I asked the owner, do you have a limit on books, the owner's reply, yes, what ever you see on the shelves. So I asked, if say you just got a stack of Batmans for example, I could buy them all, his reply was yes. So I proceeded to see if he had any Fatale's on hand and there they was, two complete sets of first prints :grin: I grabbed all four plus a couple Fatale # 2s and headed for the door. The dealer never blinked once about it.

I guess I should thank the first LCS, if I had been allowed to buy his 2nd prints, I wouldn't have looked else where and never found the 1st prints.

So Fatale 1 is getting a third print, and 2 is getting a second print. Are there any differences between covers? I haven't seen a copy yet...

Fatale #1 3rd print arrives 2/22, the 2nd print of #2 comes in the week after. I'm guessing we'll see black and white versions of the Beast cover for the 3rd printing of #1 and a black and white version of #2 for that reprint.

These books sat on the shelves a week giving his regulars or new fans plenty of time to buy the remaining issues.

Anyhow, everyone's happy, that dealer doesn't have to worry about monitor my money and I found a dealer who let's me buy what ever I want. Interestingingly enough, that dealer does more business and been in continuous business for decades. The shop that turned me down is a way smaller place that has changed owners twice. There maybe a coalition of sorts.

We ordered 30 copies of Fatale 1 (15 of each cover).

The day of release we had pre-sold 12. Two days later when the book started taking off, we had a website order for 15 copies.

We refunded the order and thanked the customer for his interest.

By the end of week 1, we had sold out to 30 different customers.

We sold out of 30 copies of #2 to the same customers and have 30 orders for #3.

Had we sold the 15 copies to our online speculator, we would have been down in sales on the subsequent issues.

Sometimes it works to turn away sales

It's been an interesting,

I took our son to a LCS to check out some Simpson and Muppet comics. While I was browsing I ran into a small stack of Fatale #1 2nd prints and a stack of Fatale # 2s. So I grabbed both stacks but when it came time to check out, the dealer told me I could only buy one of each? Is this standard LCS practice?

Now for the rest of the story,

The above wasn't my normal LCS I like to visit, it was just more convient at the time. Well after I was denyed buying those books. I decided I would go ask my usual crack dealer. So I walk in the store and first thing I asked the owner, do you have a limit on books, the owner's reply, yes, what ever you see on the shelves. So I asked, if say you just got a stack of Batmans for example, I could buy them all, his reply was yes. So I proceeded to see if he had any Fatale's on hand and there they was, two complete sets of first prints :grin: I grabbed all four plus a couple Fatale # 2s and headed for the door. The dealer never blinked once about it.

I guess I should thank the first LCS, if I had been allowed to buy his 2nd prints, I wouldn't have looked else where and never found the 1st prints.

So Fatale 1 is getting a third print, and 2 is getting a second print. Are there any differences between covers? I haven't seen a copy yet...

Fatale #1 3rd print arrives 2/22, the 2nd print of #2 comes in the week after. I'm guessing we'll see black and white versions of the Beast cover for the 3rd printing of #1 and a black and white version of #2 for that reprint.

So the 2nd print of issue 1 is a B&W version of the Beauty cover?