• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

yes, well...not every Kirkman book is Walking Dead. How's the back issue market on Capes, Battle Pope, the various Marvel books he has written? Or do you believe that all books by the same author are destined to perform exactly the same? So...then Alan Moore's Supreme is interchangeable with Watchmen, correct?

I'm interested in why people continue to believe cover A (beauty) will outsell and remain more popular with half the number of issues. I can't think of one issue that supports this line of thinking. It would be different if cover B (beast) was a 2nd print.

I would think the beauty cover is more popular because there's a woman on the cover and guys are guys!!! 2c

I'm interested in why people continue to believe cover A (beauty) will outsell and remain more popular with half the number of issues. I can't think of one issue that supports this line of thinking. It would be different if cover B (beast) was a 2nd print.

I don't get this at all either. I understand that, all things being equal, most seem to prefer the Beauty cover (though I think they are both pretty awesome). Regardless, though, things are NOT equal. Only thing I can fathom is that it's just not common knowledge yet (and I haven't seen any seller make mention of the disparity in print run yet). If the book remains hot, I fully expect the Beast cover to be selling for more than Beauty before long. Beast cover seems like a steal right now at $10 when Beauty routinely sells for $20+.

I don't get this at all either. I understand that, all things being equal, most seem to prefer the Beauty cover (though I think they are both pretty awesome). Regardless, though, things are NOT equal. Only thing I can fathom is that it's just not common knowledge yet (and I haven't seen any seller make mention of the disparity in print run yet). If the book remains hot, I fully expect the Beast cover to be selling for more than Beauty before long. Beast cover seems like a steal right now at $10 when Beauty routinely sells for $20+.

+1 although I'm disgusted by the vast majority of raw books I pick up on eBay ... I've never seen , let alone been the victim, of so much fraud in my life. Everything I buy on eBay arrives in bad shape. It's ridiculous trying to buy a hot book in good condition. Sometimes I think people just unload there banged up books on eBay knowing that it isn't worth the time to fight back.

Sometimes I think people just unload there banged up books on eBay knowing that it isn't worth the time to fight back.

+1

people should be buying the Beast..but...people are lemmings and they follow the crowd. They don't have to think logically to pull the trigger on something with double the print run cuz she's PURDY

Edited by krighton

of course....fatale even had previews in both so why not compare. who knows what will happen, it could flop by next week and people will be throwing their copies on the image WD 94 color bonfire.

Why not compare? Because there are numerous examples of titles that could have been Chew at this point. Every single one fizzled. Just playing the odds. (thumbs u

Why not compare? Because there are numerous examples of titles that could have been Chew at this point. Every single one fizzled. Just playing the odds. (thumbs u

we're overdue for another Chew...eventually i'll stop rolling snake eyes and get those double sixes. Another thing overdue is Brubaker & Phillips getting the notoriety they deserve...it took a noir crime title with a dash of horror to do it.

Edited by krighton

we're overdue for another Chew...eventually i'll stop rolling snake eyes and get those double sixes.

:facepalm:

I'm afraid it just doesn't work that way. You also appear to be missing the hot titles lately. 2c

we're overdue for another Chew...eventually i'll stop rolling snake eyes and get those double sixes.

I'm afraid it just doesn't work that way. You also appear to be missing the hot titles lately. 2c

probably so, i'm just focusing my collecting so that when, if, i collapse it will be monumental. I do better at rare book collecting overall, had more hits than misses on those.

Edited by krighton

There are too many eyes on Image #1's right now for us to see the next Chew anytime soon.

Complete speculation based on nothing but my gut instinct - the next Chew is a Dark Horse book coming out in the next few months.

I lost you. Your comment was to continually play while your follow up was to claim to be focused. I do better at Fantasy Baseball myself.

i just meant focus on a couple titles heavily, play around a little here or there.

I talked a friend of mine into playing fantasy baseball the first year Sportsline had their online one many years ago. Had to almost force him to play it. He won the 1st place $10k prize.

i do appreciate your common sense approach to collecting. Just not sure it's sinking in. When you started collecting Chew did you grab them right off the bat or was that something you gathered up after the first few issues were released.

Edited by krighton

I bought Chew from Previews. I ordered 5 copies. I bought a #1 9.9, #2 10.0 and a #3 9.8 on the boards for $300.

I enjoy it and look forward to every issue. The sales are secondary. I just ride the wave.

Complete speculation based on nothing but my gut instinct - the next Chew is a Dark Horse book coming out in the next few months.

What's the last hit that Dark Horse had?

What's the last non-movie-property hit that Dark Horse had?

Hellboy?

buffy13rd.jpg

:whistle: