• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

I got excited today when I saw a stack of 6th print Justice League 1's at a comic shop I was in. I bought one for myself and one to sell. Looks like I jumped the gun. The 5th print seems to have the best legs on ebay as most 6th prints are selling at 5.99 :(

Most of the 6th Prints are Selling in the $8 to $10 range + Shipping on eBay. So most of them are going for around $12 to $15 Delivered which is pretty good for a book that came out about 3 weeks ago.

The 5th Prints have been doing a little better as they've been selling in the $9 to $16 range + Shipping on eBay. So they've been going for around $13 to $21 Delivered.

Luther Strode is becoming increasingly difficult to find in tip-top shape. There are two people who have CGC 9.4 copies (one person's is raw and he wants $25, the other person's is slabbed and he wants $80). I'm a big fan of the book, but I think this is kind of ridiculous. I've purchased 10+ raw copies and there isn't one that I would consider sending to CGC. I've even solicited for CGC 9.8 and/or 9.8 candidates on the boards WTB section and received no response. I think this book is getting a lot of silent attention by smart speculators who see hollywood in Luther Strode's future and/or who see an increasing market for these books as the next couple of mini series are released. Any thoughts?

No Place Like Home is doing well on ebay. For those of you who do not know already, the writer is a board member (and a heck of a nice person). Any one know what the districbution is on the two covers?

It's 50/50.

Saw that Krighton's complete set of Chuck sold with 1 bid at $24.99 earlier today. I'm still baffled as to what the heck the previous auctions were about then, especially since that last one was not even a complete set at $127. Doesn't make sense. But apparently the heat is not quite there for this title. Though $25 is still decent out of context!

Noticed that Veronica 202 (1st app. Kevin Keller) 1st printings are popping up less commonly on eBay. Used to be there were 5 or more at all times, often not selling with a BIN around $6-10. Now just one or two at a time appear to be getting listed. The supply seems to either be getting absorbed, or sellers appear to have given up on listing them, or both. In any event, I noticed the two current listings ended today. The earlier one with only 1 bid for $9.99 (free shipping). The later listing just ended with 15 bids between 3 parties, bidding this book up to $18.59 (+ $5 shipping). May just be an aberation, but may also indicate a growing demand as the character flourishes in the Archie universe(s) with more media attention and a new ongoing series. No idea how big the print run was on this book. Of note, it was the first Archie issue in 70 years to get a reprint. It will get no where near Betty & Veronica 320 (1st app. Cheryl Blossom) in terms of price or rarity. But I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a steady $50-ish seller in the years to come for NM copies. And yes, as you can see from my sig line, I'm fairly attached to the character. :P:whistle:

I just discovered a copy of Betty & Veronica 320 in a collection I bought in 9.6-9.8 what would that sell for? Is it worth getting graded?

I just discovered a copy of Betty & Veronica 320 in a collection I bought in 9.6-9.8 what would that sell for? Is it worth getting graded?

:takeit:

There's just not much data on this issue unfortunately, so it's very difficult to say what a high grade copy would sale for at any given moment in time. A CGC 9.6 copy sold for $350 in Aug 2010. A CGC 9.4 copy sold for $100 in Oct 2005.

PM me if you're interested in selling. :gossip: (thumbs u

:o Life With Archie 16 is blowing up. I guess the media attention and sold out announcement this week got everyone's attention. Interesting. Wonder if that heat will continue to carry over to other Keller issues. hm

:o Life With Archie 16 is blowing up. I guess the media attention and sold out announcement this week got everyone's attention. Interesting. Wonder if that heat will continue to carry over to other Keller issues. hm

Why can't the media pay attention to batwoman? She's a lesbian, it's a bat title and I have 15 copies of 52 7 and 20 copies of 52 11 doh!

Welcome to comics. :gossip:

you forget, I used to wholesale/retail in the 90s when I was in middle school and high school ... I have so many worthless image and valiant titles that I could wallpaper every house in a small town :facepalm:

you forget, I used to wholesale/retail in the 90s when I was in middle school and high school ... I have so many worthless image and valiant titles that I could wallpaper every house in a small town :facepalm:

those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it

:golfclap:

Why can't the media pay attention to batwoman? She's a lesbian, it's a bat title and I have 15 copies of 52 7 and 20 copies of 52 11 doh!

Batwoman is getting absolutely no press, she needs to do something crazy, like making out with Supergirl & Batgirl at the same time.

(thumbs u

But you seem to be posting to the blind. :facepalm:

if studying history were being applied to comics, we wouldn't have a thread called Modern's heating up on Ebay.

Stuff gets hot, it may not stay hot, but many modern comics gets hot for a short amount of time. It's just a matter of taking advantage of the hot before it's not.

Edited by krighton

Batwoman is getting absolutely no press, she needs to do something crazy, like making out with Supergirl & Batgirl at the same time.

or Catwoman right before the dark knight hits theaters :idea: we should really consult for DC :acclaim: