• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

I would have thought that those conditions which in a less enlightened time we might have referred to using the blanket term Retarded each have a correct name of their own which is better known now than in the past. Similar to how at one time those suffering from Downs Syndrome were referred to as .

Again, this is just my opinion, but if you in a bantering way now refer to someone as a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, you are really just questioning their level of intelligence rather than comparing them to a person with a specific condition.

To me that legitimizes the word as an epithet or insult, because it does not refer to any specific actual condition or group of people. (shrug)

So here I am at the first annual Ottawa Comic Con and what do I see?

Well I see Thief of Thieves being sold for $65 at the Comic Book Addition Booth.

They also had a Walking Dead #1 for $1500.

Which btw is retarded.

Conventions are not eBay.

Also, picked up a run of Walking Dead 1 - 90 for $2400 all at least 9.0s most higher.

moral of the story,

stop this eBay modern bs or at least don't publicize it. Because Giant hats will follow those as guides for there raw moderns.

I always find silver age and bronze age stuff at conventions to be overpriced when compared to EBay. hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I would have thought that those conditions which in a less enlightened time we might have referred to using the blanket term Retarded each have a correct name of their own which is better known now than in the past. Similar to how at one time those suffering from Downs Syndrome were referred to as .

Again, this is just my opinion, but if you in a bantering way now refer to someone as a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, you are really just questioning their level of intelligence rather than comparing them to a person with a specific condition.

To me that legitimizes the word as an epithet or insult, because it does not refer to any specific actual condition or group of people. (shrug)

I try not to use the word for the sole reason that it bothers some people. I still do it from time to time because for years I said it 50 times a day. To me it means the same as dummy, but I don't want to unintentionally offend anyone. I prefer to do it head on.

I try not to use the word for the sole reason that it bothers some people. I still do it from time to time because for years I said it 50 times a day. To me it means the same as dummy, but I don't want to unintentionally offend anyone. I prefer to do it head on.

:cloud9:

Oh ! I have a few of those books. It's time to sell! :ohnoez::whee:

Likewise. To me it's a word that means stupidity, as opposed to a cognitive handicap.

and it shows that you're a good person deep down somewhere in your feet.

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00655-20100723-1623.jpg

Totally uncalled for...ewwww

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00655-20100723-1623.jpg

So here I am at the first annual Ottawa Comic Con and what do I see?

Well I see Thief of Thieves being sold for $65 at the Comic Book Addition Booth.

They also had a Walking Dead #1 for $1500.

Which btw is retarded.

Conventions are not eBay.

Also, picked up a run of Walking Dead 1 - 90 for $2400 all at least 9.0s most higher.

moral of the story,

stop this eBay modern bs or at least don't publicize it. Because Giant hats will follow those as guides for there raw moderns.

I always find silver age and bronze age stuff at conventions to be overpriced when compared to EBay. hm

You must be on the East Coast.

There is a large movement that is trying to eliminate the R word. My younger brother is offended by it. I am kind of torn bc I don't think of people w DSMIV Disorders, cognitive problems, etc. when I think of that term. But the same logic can be used to rationalize the use of certain racial epithets or the word gay in a derogatory manner. Now back to comics.

I had this debate on here not too long ago. Trying to eliminate the word is only giving it power. I prefer to differentiate between any mental challenges and the term person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point which I reserve for those who choose to act in a certain manner.

DSMIV. lol

Nice book with too much power. There was a time when homosexuality was a condition to be treated and now they want to treat people with a high sex drive. Insurance companies must love this book. I wonder how many are going to claim they can't work because they have a high sex drive. :facepalm:

On the comic front I am starting to receive quite a few requests for Invincible issues graded. Could be the start of a trend. ;)

I've got my windows bolted.