• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Isn't the Harcore sketch variant being sold by Forbiden Planet, Larry's or some other comic shop? I'm almost certain it was a $10.00 regional comic shop variant. Ebay blows my mind.

By Topcow, store exclusive, both regular & sketch are sold out.

:gossip: I thought also that the Hardcore sketch was a Topcow store exclusive, but to my surprise when I went to "Midtown Comics" on Wednesday to pick up some books, they had one sitting on the shelf next to the regular Hardcore #1's. They had it for $10, so I asked one of the employees if they had more, but he told me they only got two copies and I was holding the last one. We both thought it was strange since they had a ton of the regular cover and just got two sketch covers. Of course I picked it up for $10.

they may have just ordered it from Top Cow.

Isn't the Harcore sketch variant being sold by Forbiden Planet, Larry's or some other comic shop? I'm almost certain it was a $10.00 regional comic shop variant. Ebay blows my mind.

By Topcow, store exclusive, both regular & sketch are sold out.

:gossip: I thought also that the Hardcore sketch was a Topcow store exclusive, but to my surprise when I went to "Midtown Comics" on Wednesday to pick up some books, they had one sitting on the shelf next to the regular Hardcore #1's. They had it for $10, so I asked one of the employees if they had more, but he told me they only got two copies and I was holding the last one. We both thought it was strange since they had a ton of the regular cover and just got two sketch covers. Of course I picked it up for $10.

they may have just ordered it from Top Cow.

hm I doubt they'd ordered straight from Top Cow since they were shipped with the regular books, but who knows, maybe they did...

Well another tried and true modern key is picking up steam in the 9.8 range yet AGAIN.

NM #98 CGC 9.8...

And they are NOT all from JAREDSKEYCOMICS.

NM 98 is a copper age book and not a modern. :gossip:

1 year difference. Big deal. lol

So, when is the current MODERN AGE going to be called something else? I mean, the MODERN AGE cannot continue forever...

I drove 30 minutes to a nearby town with 2 comic shops as my 2 locals are completely wiped out (and not by me). Shop 1 puts all recent issues in $1 boxes after 3 months or so. I pulled 6 copies of WD 93, WD 94, 2 Hell Yeah 1, and a Fatale 2 out. Shop 2 yielded nada except 5 copies of Hardcore. Tomorrow is 30 minutes in the other direction!

I see Manhattan Projects selling 36.00 for the 3 that's out now.

Went to my shop yesterday. Had 1-3 and 1-3 of TOT. He won't let anyone buy more than 2 copys. I didn'y picl up anything though cause I can never tell what is a 9.8 lol

Go back and buy the copies without any dings, creases, nicks, bends and sharp corners. Look at examples of 9.8 if it helps. Those books won't be there much longer. That I am sure of. Good score.

Is Daredevil only hot with issue 2 or is it the whole series? I picked up number 2 today for less than $6 out of a back issue bin, but 1 3 4 5 6 including a blank 1 were there also, I wasn't sure what to pick up and didn't want to absorb 2's profit with books that wouldn't be worth picking up.

Is Daredevil only hot with issue 2 or is it the whole series? I picked up number 2 today for less than $6 out of a back issue bin, but 1 3 4 5 6 including a blank 1 were there also, I wasn't sure what to pick up and didn't want to absorb 2's profit with books that wouldn't be worth picking up.

2 is the big one. 1 was well ordered and so not selling much above cover. The other early issues are scattergun - for example, a 4 might go for $11 one day, then $3.50 two days later.