• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

It honestly isn't that complicated, really - whatever your item's total cost to buyer is, that's what will be used for the final value fee calculation :shrug:

i just realized what's going on. a few items i sold that didn't get final value for shipping fees were items that the buyer didn't pay for. altho i sold a poster for .99 with $5 shipping that didn't get a final value on shipping fee. so, guess i'm gonna have to charge .50 more on shipping.

The more you charge, the higher the FVF is going to be. There is no way to absorb Ebay fees by embedding the cost into shipping and handling. Ebay has fixed it so you will be charged 9% on any auction no matter what.

The only way to reduce fees is be a top rated sellers. Ebay gives top rated sellers a 20% discount on final value fees when the seller adheres to their strict auction guidelines. This includes shipping within 1 day after the auction is paid in full, offering a money back guarantee after 14 days or longer and providing tracking information for 90% of your shipments.

Charging higher shipping prices will only alienate bidders from your auctions. If you and another seller are charging $5 for an identical item and your shipping charge is $5.50 but his is $4, it will put you at a disadvantage.

2c

Can we stop talking about ebay fees and start talking about modern comics that are heating up on ebay?

Print run of Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Alive Alive has sold out at the distrubution level. Is this a time to sell or buy?

:eek:

I said this once, only once mind, never again!

:fear:

Can we stop talking about ebay fees and start talking about modern comics that are heating up on ebay?

Print run of Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Alive Alive has sold out at the distrubution level. Is this a time to sell or buy?

lol

I'm confused. You want to talk moderns heating up on eBay or whether to sell Frankenstein? :ohnoez:

A huge round of slabs must have just been sent out cause almost every Walking Dead #19 listed in the last week on eBay is slabbed. They actually outnumber the number of raw books currently listed.

And if you ask me people are getting a little overzealous with their BIN prices. $800-1200...seriously? :makepoint:

Edit: Is that the true value now? Perhaps I'm wrong ans those are reasonable prices, if someone wants to jump in and has better insight on the actual value of a 9.8 #19 I'm all ears.

Edited by roastedbagel

A huge round of slabs must have just been sent out cause almost every Walking Dead #19 listed in the last week on eBay is slabbed. They actually outnumber the number of raw books currently listed.

And if you ask me people are getting a little overzealous with their BIN prices. $800-1200...seriously? :makepoint:

Edit: Is that the true value now? Perhaps I'm wrong ans those are reasonable prices, if someone wants to jump in and has better insight on the actual value of a 9.8 #19 I'm all ears.

what do the completed listings show you?

is what pulled up for me on the completed listings as the last 9 sales.

Regular issue, not a weekly. Not a signature series. Just blue label cgc 9.8

Avg 839. price

In my mind the last recorded sale is the price not the average (unless it is some abarent event that isn't characteristic of a sales trend). So it looks like WD 19 CGC 9.8 is a $670-$710 book and not an $839 book. I also looked on ebay and there are lots of raw WD 19s and not nearly as many CGC (or even PGX books) as the OP suggested. Am I missing something?

Good thing we have a tool that actually gives us the average selling price over time, so we don't have to go with just our feelings on this. The 90 day avg for this book is $725, but as the prices started climbing on March 20th, that average should actually go up within the next couple of weeks.

Said the seller to the buyer. ;)

Last WD #19 in CGC 9.8 I sold went for $250 :lol:

In regards to the average going up, it's because all the lower sales from before March 20th will no longer be included in the 90 day average :thumbsup:

I was only commenting on your sales experience versus Nico who has none. I'm thinking he would have some deals initially until he got his feet wet.