• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

Hopefully Earth 2 #1 starts picking up. The #2 sold out.

Long term, how do you guys think #2 does? The print run couldn't have been too high.

Bought the last copy at the LCS today. Wondering how long I should hold onto it. I watched one issue sell for cover and $5 shipping on ebay earlier.

the general buying public who's just getting Earth 2 because of the gay slant probably doesn't even know it's in stores yet.....so give them a few days to discover they're sold out and can only get them on ebay.

boy that earth 2 #2 variant cover sure gets bent easy...seems like the cover stock is super thin.

Edited by krighton

the general buying public who's just getting Earth 2 because of the gay slant probably doesn't even know it's in stores yet.....so give them a few days to discover they're sold out and can only get them on ebay.

boy that earth 2 #2 variant cover sure gets bent easy...seems like the cover stock is super thin.

DC and Marvel are going to start damaging half there products to encourage collectors to buy multiple copies ... or just start printing on newspaper. The quality of paper at the top two is becoming silly. At least Before Watchman had a nice cardstock.

doh! I hope you weren't one of the people paying more than cover price for that book when it came out and were able to grab those books for cover. I think it will always be slightly popular as a slabbed 9.8 b/c it has one of the best covers of the year, but raw copies are going to be tough to move unless they announce an ongoing title and I'm less than hopeful that will happen.

I have 20 copies of Earth 2. I really hope it doesn't turn into another Hardcore #1.

there's a guy selling them for $2.30 a piece, and he has 8 left ($8 shipping tho), so right now, it's not hot, but i did sell #1 & 2 for some profit. plenty at my LCS, so if it does get hot, i'll have a few

I was selling them at $2.10 +3.99 S&H, but set my inventory to zero once #2 sold out. Waiting to see what happens with this.

Amazon>Ebay

there are always guys blowing out new comics on release day...those 2.30 will dry up soon.

True. He's already down to 5. I see all of them are selling, for $5-7 right now. But also, there were 109 copies earlier. 149 now. What was the print run?

One of my LCS's had about 100 of these on the shelf today. I bought 2, and the book does have some flaws. Out of the 100 or so on the shelf, I snagged 2 9.8's, but most of them have a spine ding right at the top of the front cover spine above the logo as well as other issues. Harbinger #1 regular cover had some issues that I could see as well. This book along with x-o #1 is in a hefty supply at this same store (understatement).

My LCS had a bunch of Earth 2 #1s still sitting on the shelf the other day.

I also make just a few bucks when selling off some issues. Heck, I'm happy if I can sell some comics at-cost since I usually sell portions of my collection to pick up new reader copies.

not really for this thread, but i'm ticked, i missed a box with a bunch of WD in it when I went nuts looking for issues in april...48, multiples of 51, 64, 75...and Capes 1 (a perfect looking copy!)...though that seems to have continued to stay hot. i'm tempted to send it in to CGC.

the guy on ebay who was selling earth 2 #2 for $2.30 changed the price. now they're $14.99

I think the E2 #2s could have legs. It's a good story and features a new flash on top of the Alan Scott hype. The print run could not have been to large - anybody know the print run of issue 1?