• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

for those 2 revival auctions, you had one that was VF/NM and the other one had him calling Seeley Neely.....

broken descriptions and under NM copies tend to sell lower.

you can find lower if you hunt, but you can also find these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVIVAL-2-NM-1ST-PRINT-IMAGE-COMICS-SOLD-OUT-TIM-SEELEY-MIKE-NORTON-SOLD-OUT-/251149947416?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a79b41218

Edited by krighton

$3.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revival-2-Image-Comics-2012-First-Printing-NM-/330790044709

For a book to be a $10 book, one should NOT be able to get it for less than $10. It's not a $10 book, once the first person who decides to overpay is willing to pay it. Anyone reading your report looking to buy Revival #2 is going to be misled into what they should be willing to pay for it.

While I agree with you, my copies of Revival #2 are $10 as they are all NM/M and will grade 9.8 or higher, and that's typically all I sell, so I tend to price at the top of the scale. Buying off ebay any cheaper you're taking a risk and the quality is somewhere between VG-VF typically. I don't have any for sale right now, I'm just saying I charge more for them due to the quality of the book and collectors pay it as I send them nice books. I have had no issue selling many at the $10 price point.

I posted a ton more after two seconds of searching for you. Many listed NM, and i havent gone to read the descriptions but you are welcome to analyze them if you want.

Notice the one you posted was a 1bid. An informed person over paying doesnt make it a $10 book. Lots of them are listed for $10 and dont sell, while lots of sales in the 5-6 dollar range are happening.

My question/point was that if its a $10 book, all the ones for $10 would be selling, and AUCTIONS with people bidding wouldnt be selling below $6.00. In my opinion, to call something a $10 book, that needs to be the floor, not the ceiling.

Otherwise you could use that bleeding cool article to argue Wonder woman/Superman kiss is a "$25" book. It's gotta be the FLOOR, not the CEILING. Obviously auctions define a floor, not improperly priced buyitnows. I can list WD #1 for $10 BIN, and it would sell, that doesnt make it a $10 book. Auctions with mutliple bids show real price realization, and FLOORS not CEILINGS define a book's "worth" imo

I can keep going till the cows come home. My numbers were accurate and it is absolutely not a $10 book yet.

If you feel you must, but all I was saying was Yes, you can get them cheaper on Ebay, but you're rolling the dice on quality.

Isnt that true with any raw book from a dealer you arent familiar with? There are people selling NM copies for $10+ on there, that I am sure would be in the 8.5-9.2 range.

I see your point. I listed a lousy price. I agree.

Pinpointing a new book's value is tough. I guess the point I was trying to convey is that there is a ton of interest in the series. It's volatile.

My market report is created for my newsletter that has a 30% open rate. I cycle & repeat a lot of information.

I got lazy on my pricing.

Revival #2 is STILL a cover price book at my shop.

HOWEVER, I have sold 10 packs at $119.99 on E bay.

The actual current value lies somewhere in between.

I think the newsletter is great, I wasnt knocking it. A few weeks ago even think I pulled the trigger on something after reading about it in there. Can't remember what it was now, but I guess I was just trying to understand the logic of the price ranges.

I would assume most people reading a newsletter talking about trends will be looking to it for advice on what to buy and whether they are getting a fair price for it. I know lots of people on here are being bothered cause they have $10 copies of Revival 2 posted on ebay. But would any of THEM buy it for that? I dont think so.

As you said, its still cover in your shop, and that speaks volumes to me. My online source of new books still has it at cover as well (less including the discount i can get), and Revival #1 1st prints for $10. These are books that havent touched a shelf and could easily grade above 9.8. If I am not rushing to buy the Revival #1s at $10, I just dont see how Revival #2 could be a $10 book.

Then when I search ebay I see lots closing out for less. But none for cover, so it is a hot book, and averaging $5-$6.

People who feel its worth it and selling on ebay for $10, should be swarming you right now, since you just posted you have it available for cover.

Instead of arguing with me, they should be storming your store ;)

why don't you leave Reviival alone, half or even all of your posts is about Revival. sheesh.

As I have said elsewhere:

I have 2 copies of the sketch variant

5+ copies of #1 1st print

and about 4 copies of #2

(all of which i payed cover for, or way below ebay prices on the sketches)

so I do have a horse in the race and I am not against the book doing well. I think it has huge potential and I am intrigued by some of the rumor mongering that surfaced in the Revival thread.

But if its being talked about, its just because its the most recent hot book, its only at #3. We can talk about Saga and ToT if you'd like, but since they are pretty established.

If anything, I get into arguments about Revival because I want to talk about both the upside and downside potential. While people with 30 copies of #2 2nd print foam at the mouth if I post anything but rainbows and lollipops.

Nothing I say, or any discussion of a books pros and cons, can have an impact on its true worth. If it does, than that worth is an illusion. This forum is a huge forum, with tons of traffic, and a lot of very smart and informed people.

I enjoy hearing there opinions, and I think good debate educates everyone and makes for a strong sustainable market. I dont care if cheerleaders get mad at me, and want every post to be I BOUGHT TEN, HE BOUGHT TEN, ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD OUT, BUY TEN MORE QUICK. I am not going to make posts like that, because I think its foolish. The non-posting people who read it (and outnumber the posters by a lot), rush out, overpay for a book, find out later they got hosed, and then its one less comic buyer in the hobby.

Educating people, and allowing true debate on a comics worth is proper, and normal. We dont need centrally-planned, hype pumping, ben bernanke's in the comic market...

Other than the lot of 2, the buyers are paying close to $10 a copy. Sure they're paying half that to the USPS, but they're paying it nonetheless.

I agree that it's not a solid $10 book, but you can't completely leave shipping out of the equasion when discussing ending prices for single books on ebay.

Other than the lot of 2, the buyers are paying close to $10 a copy. Sure they're paying half that to the USPS, but they're paying it nonetheless.

I agree that it's not a solid $10 book, but you can't completely leave shipping out of the equasion when discussing ending prices for single books on ebay.

Shipping is a cost of doing business, if you are buying online. Qualifying it that way, should then allow the LCS prices to be valid, which in this case we have two confirmed

$3.00, and $2.85 (larry and myself)

I am not disagreeing that they do have to pay shipping, but I dont think anyone quotes the price of shipping in the value of a book, as its arbitrary and dependent on the buyers location.

Overstreet and CPG (and I suppose BleedingCool now) dont including shipping costs in their price quotes, so neither would newsletters imo.

Shipping is a cost of doing business, if you are buying online. Qualifying it that way, should then allow the LCS prices to be valid, which in this case we have two confirmed

$3.00, and $2.85 (larry and myself)

I am not disagreeing that they do have to pay shipping, but I dont think anyone quotes the price of shipping in the value of a book, as its arbitrary and dependent on the buyers location.

Overstreet and CPG (and I suppose BleedingCool now) dont including shipping costs in their price quotes, so neither would newsletters imo.

I'm with Solar on this one. Shipping is a factor. If the book was $1 with $9 shipping and they were selling well I would think it's fair to say that the demand for the book = a total $10 price point. The same would be true if it was a $9 book with $1 shipping. I don't care either way, just my 2c

(thumbs u

yah, i agree it definitely matters, and should be taken in to account (and added to all books equally).

But in this case, he agreed that its not a $10 book, and that its somewhere in between that and cover. ($5-$6 was my estimate).

I think sources listing values have never, and will never include shipping, simply because it is variable. Price guides dont, and market report newsletters I would think do not as well.

I'd summarize it as:

==============

Is Revival #2 a $10+shipping book -- not yet. Have some people been willing to pay that for it --yes a few. Are there plenty of copies that could be had for that price and not selling -- yup lots. Are they available on ebay for less still --yes.

Anyway, I made a pretty good point already. Larry said he has them for cover at his store. If it were a $10 book, people should be buying him out ASAP.

Personally, I already have several copies, and access to more at Cover still. So I am content with my holdings.

My gold, silver, and CDN dollar are doing a lot better than comics today anyway :D. At least until Europe explodes finally ;)

Edited by eisley

$3.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revival-2-Image-Comics-2012-First-Printing-NM-/330790044709

For a book to be a $10 book, one should NOT be able to get it for less than $10. It's not a $10 book, once the first person who decides to overpay is willing to pay it. Anyone reading your report looking to buy Revival #2 is going to be misled into what they should be willing to pay for it.

While I agree with you, my copies of Revival #2 are $10 as they are all NM/M and will grade 9.8 or higher, and that's typically all I sell, so I tend to price at the top of the scale. Buying off ebay any cheaper you're taking a risk and the quality is somewhere between VG-VF typically. I don't have any for sale right now, I'm just saying I charge more for them due to the quality of the book and collectors pay it as I send them nice books. I have had no issue selling many at the $10 price point.

No, they're not.

Most eBay copies of a book that just came out will be just as "NM/M" as the ones you're selling :thumbsup:

FYI:

Revival #1 third printing is SOLD OUT at the distributor level almost a week before it's release.

just sayin...

REVIVAL #1 3rd ptg

IMAGE COMICS

(W) Tim Seeley (A) Mike Norton (CA) Jenny Frison

For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now it's up to Officer Dana Cypress to deal with the media scrutiny, religious zealots, and government quarantine that has come with them. In a town where the living have to learn to deal with those who are supposed to be dead, Officer Cypress must solve a brutal murder, and everyone, alive or undead, is a suspect. A beautiful "farm noir" that puts a new twist on the zombie genre, created by NYT Bestselling author TIM SEELEY and acclaimed artist MIKE NORTON.

Item Code

Stock Status JUL128088

FYI:

Revival #1 third printing is SOLD OUT at the distributor level almost a week before it's release.

just sayin...

REVIVAL #1 3rd ptg

IMAGE COMICS

(W) Tim Seeley (A) Mike Norton (CA) Jenny Frison

For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now it's up to Officer Dana Cypress to deal with the media scrutiny, religious zealots, and government quarantine that has come with them. In a town where the living have to learn to deal with those who are supposed to be dead, Officer Cypress must solve a brutal murder, and everyone, alive or undead, is a suspect. A beautiful "farm noir" that puts a new twist on the zombie genre, created by NYT Bestselling author TIM SEELEY and acclaimed artist MIKE NORTON.

Item Code

Stock Status JUL128088

LOVE IT!

three printings down, two more to go!