• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Do you actually watch any content by the BBC (shrug)

if you did, you would know my global warming joke clearly shows that I do. I am Canadian not American, and I have seen the BBC my whole life, thanks for asking.

It could have been worse - you might have been weened on ITV shows.

CBC can give BBC a run for its money, lol. Though nowadays they are a lot further apart.

Doctor Who is a great example though in all this. How are the print runs on Doctor Who based comics doing?

Readership soaring is it?

How about listing the top BBC shows all time by ratings, and telling me which if ANY of them could push a comic book to WD levels?

Are Doctor Who themed SDCC events planned for next year?

yah....some guy in England knows whether a Canadian watches BBC since the 70s, and whether a stage actor driven BBC show can top American Pop Culture and outsell WD comic books...

i really got told.....if only i knew.

makes sense why he doesnt like my comment then, and i still stand by it :D

BBC=fail

and my comment was about your age (not krightons). If you are older than me, you dont show it with your comments.

Regardless, as i said, if doctor who is the best case scenario, (it wont reach that), then it certainly isnt going to touch WD.

Don't presume to know me, I asked you a question about you comments and you make it personal, some how I think it's you that's the immature one heh

I don't know who you are but you obviously have a problem with me? I've worked in Television for over 10 years (including the BBC for 8 years) I am British and if you think you know the BBC better than I then fine, stroke your ego some more put me in ignore and continue with you constant and soulless chat on modern speculation. After all it's all about the money :facepalm:

Don't presume to know me, I asked you a question about you comments and you make it personal, some how I think it's you that's the immature one heh

I don't know who you are but you obviously have a problem with me? I've worked in Television for over 10 years (including the BBC for 8 years) I am British and if you think you know the BBC better than I then fine, stroke your ego some more put me in ignore and continue with you constant and soulless chat on modern speculation. After all it's all about the money :facepalm:

I see who you are via the link in your sig which goes to your site with your name --google handles the rest, etc etc.

I didnt say i know you, nor did I say I know the BBC better than anyone in Britain. But i do know it (and i do bite my thumb sir).

It was YOU who presumed to know things about me, and questioned whether I knew the BBC at all. You could be the CEO of the BBC and run it, and it would have no bearing on my knowledge of the BBC. It's not mutually exclusive knowledge. My lifetime of watching it is unaffected by anyone else experiences.

I am fully aware of what the BBC is and what its strengths and weaknesses are. (yes it is a global warming propaganda machine, and yes they have great actors).

You working there is not relevant to my points, so continue the ad hominem attacks all you like. Yes I will talk about modern comic speculation in a thread called "moderns heating up on ebay"

No peter panzerfaust wont be the next walking dead.

Yes the BBC = fail, regardless of whether you work for them or not. But hey, if I want a quality version of Wuthering Heights, I'll be sure to get the BBC version from the local library.

:popcorn:

^^

next.................

makes sense why he doesnt like my comment then, and i still stand by it :D

BBC=fail

and my comment was about your age (not krightons). If you are older than me, you dont show it with your comments.

Regardless, as i said, if doctor who is the best case scenario, (it wont reach that), then it certainly isnt going to touch WD.

Sorry, have to clarify this, are you saying The walking Dead show is better than Dr Who?)

:roflmao:

Sorry, have to clarify this, are you saying The walking Dead show is better than Dr Who?)

:roflmao:

no of course not, where in anything I wrote do you see something about the "quality" of a show.

I am talking about comic books...and what drives "moderns heating up on ebay" like the thread says.

WD show pushes comic books, Doctor Who....very much does not.

Give up....a buzz kill like eisley is never wrong and will never change direction.

an opinion about something that hasnt happened, cant be right or wrong.

When PP#1 9.8 SS sells for $1700+ I will retract my opinion.

If BuzzKill= discussing things other than cheerleading everything forever without limit, guilty.

If you want to hear me shill for something, we can talk about ToTs. WD is AMC's cash cow, and Kirkman their golden boy. The comic and the shows are being written concurrently. in my opinion, there is NO way that ToT doesnt get piloted and aired.

The book has started on its second leg up, and will be THE book to own, and the next WD if there is one. It's print run will limit it from hitting Chew numbers pre-show launch, but the two variants are likely the way to go.

The speculators/hoarders on here I am sure have lots of ToTs. Hat tip to anyone with 9.9s regular or 9.8s and up on the variants. Like Kylen Selena, I BELIEVE IN YOU.

You will be the ^^ s

Edited by eisley

Where did the thread go with the talk of moderns that are heating up on ebay? Ive seem to have lost it in this cat fighting.

Speaking of television....can we get back to our regularly scheduled programing? (thumbs u

Wow, you need to go easy with the posting there fella! :D

Where did the thread go with the talk of moderns that are heating up on ebay? Ive seem to have lost it in this cat fighting.

Speaking of television....can we get back to our regularly scheduled programing? (thumbs u

Hehe. Im a beast on the keyboard

Hehe. Im a beast on the keyboard

(thumbs u

page 466-467 was discussing the next walking dead, and what it might be. Which is as on topic as you can be.

it derailed on people being emotionally attached to their opinions...

The main thing is that you don't keep going on about it, so well done for that :facepalm:

page 466-467 was discussing the next walking dead, and what it might be. Which is as on topic as you can be.

it derailed on people being emotionally attached to their opinions...

The main thing is that you don't keep going on about it, so well done for that :facepalm:

speaking the truth is never a facepalm :facepalm:

Edited by eisley

thor 344, up until the release of the movie.

there's a non-image one to discuss....go

Wow. I picked up about 40 of those awhile back. I guess I was right on that one as I havent paid much attention recently.

Thanks for bringing it up! Ill keep an eye here on out