• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Batgirl was sold out at my LCS within the first 2 minutes. It was crazy!! I was able to get 1 copy :)

I'm afraid to even cruise by....

unless you have a box, you may be out of luck buddy.

That's sexist. :o

I was referring to a pull box, but that still sounds wrong lol

The only other one I see being shorter printed is Suicide Squad #14 just due to sheer monthly numbers it's typically shorter printed, although retailers "may" have stocked up on it, but I believe the window for ordering has closed on it, or is closing now, so some may not have gotten enough.. it's one to keep an eye on.

Edited by Pinky Lee Zepplin

The only other one I see being shorter printed is Suicide Squad #14 just due to sheer monthly numbers it's typically shorter printed, although retailers "may" have stocked up on it, but I believe the window for ordering has closed on it, or is closing now, so some may not have gotten enough.. it's one to keep an eye on.

Fair enough. But i feel that there are going to be loads of people picking up loads of all the die-cuts going forward, thinking they're picking up the next Batgirl & Catwoman 13s

Hats off to my LCS, and, specifically, the manager, Jim, for making it a good, and expensive day.

Went to two stores near my work around lunch and 0 Catwoman.

Went to my LCS after work and Jim put aside a Catwoman b/c I had called the week before about Batgirl. BG was also put aside for me.

There was 1 more BG on the shelf and ~10 BM #13.

And the WD 103 variant on the shelf for cover.

Back when Revival came out, that variant was also available for cover.

I will not stray.

I went to 1 LCS, they only had 2 copies at 11 am. I purchased one and added to my ebay listing of batman/batgirl/ and now catwoman #12's for 45 dollars. Sold within the hour. Stopped at #2 LCS at around 7pm no catwoman's around just picked up my weekly's EXCEPT my Chew variant, which they forgot to place. Went to #3 had last Chew variant ( owner told me " It will be $8, is that ok?" Looked on the shelves 5 catwomans snagged those up and replied to the owner "Yes that will be all" lol

Edited by Jking3437

I love when you go into an LCS and they have a stack of variants behind the counter. You ask for a certain issue...they say $10, $15, $50 for one. You respond with "I will take them all."

The look that usually follows is priceless. Like a puzzled deer in headlights.

:o

I have decided to pull Batman, Batgirl & Catwoman from the shelves.

So far this week it's been non stop trouble:

Non stop calls from "fans" that want to know how many they can buy.

A confrontation yesterday with a guy that demanded to buy them all.

How will you sell them if you don't put them out?

Also, were the customers that wanted to buy quantity willing to pay your asking price?

I understand the disdain for customers that make demands, but isn't the total dollar amount worth the same regardless of who / how many hand it to you?

(1 'fan' buys 5 copies at $2.99 = $14.95)

(5 'fans' buy 1 copy each at $2.99 = $14.95)

I love when you go into an LCS and they have a stack of variants behind the counter. You ask for a certain issue...they say $10, $15, $50 for one. You respond with "I will take them all."

The look that usually follows is priceless. Like a puzzled deer in headlights.

:o

lol

The shop signed up 7 new subscriber to Batman Death in the family series yesterday.

69.99 for the 24 part series.

They prepaid & got a nice 10%+ discount & walked out with Batman, Batgirl, Catwoman & Red Hood #13 yesterday.

Every Subscriber got everything they wanted.

Walk in's had Batgirl & Batman's for 6 days.

The ONLY people that didn't find it fair were the people that wanted to buy multiple Catwoman's ONLY.