• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

The shop signed up 7 new subscriber to Batman Death in the family series yesterday.

69.99 for the 24 part series.

They prepaid & got a nice 10%+ discount & walked out with Batman, Batgirl, Catwoman & Red Hood #13 yesterday.

Every Subscriber got everything they wanted.

Walk in's had Batgirl & Batman's for 6 days.

The ONLY people that didn't find it fair were the people that wanted to buy multiple Catwoman's ONLY.

^^

I did some more exploring in my area and I am picking up a BW sketch cover of Batman 13 today for $50 so now I'll have a complete set w/ all variants / editions so far. Pretty happy about that. I also asked them to set aside a handfull of Catwoman/Batman regular die cuts.

I have been a collector of batman comics for a while and the last time a modern was a good flip was the snyder/jock run on Tec and then the Jim Lee hush run on Batman. Good to see this speculation/success as a possible gateway to a few new readers!

so they can't bag and board everything tuesday afternoon and wed morning? I wouldn't use a thursday store as my primary.

They are not my primary. ;-)

But because of the delay they'll often still have books laying around that are on fire online. They're primarily a used book store so the square footage for everything but comics is tremendous.

ok guys/gals... any speculation on the newsstand editions of all the regular 13 issues?

My local newsstand only has the 0 issues right now but one employee said they have a vendor rep come in once a month and restock the shelves w/ new stuff.

I noticed an ebay auction for a Batgirl 13 w/ the Capullo half face in color w/out the die cut and a boardie here had a Batman that looked the same. It would make sense that these are the newsstand editions.

Who here thinks any differently or has any proof one way or the other?

If these are gonna exist at newsstands and be different, they'd be considered a variation of the 1st print correct?

edit: found the link to the ebay auction .. bardcode doesn't say direct edition and doesnt have the normal issue numbering -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batgirl-13-Extremely-HTF-Non-Die-Cut-Variant-Cover-Death-of-the-Family-Prologue-/370669649149?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item564da1fcfd

Edited by Mangbus

ok guys/gals... any speculation on the newsstand editions of all the regular 13 issues?

My local newsstand only has the 0 issues right now but one employee said they have a vendor rep come in once a month and restock the shelves w/ new stuff.

I noticed an ebay auction for a Batgirl 13 w/ the Capullo half face in color w/out the die cut and a boardie here had a Batman that looked the same. It would make sense that these are the newsstand editions.

Who here thinks any differently or has any proof one way or the other?

If these are gonna exist at newsstands and be different, they'd be considered a variation of the 1st print correct?

edit: found the link to the ebay auction .. bardcode doesn't say direct edition and doesnt have the normal issue numbering -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batgirl-13-Extremely-HTF-Non-Die-Cut-Variant-Cover-Death-of-the-Family-Prologue-/370669649149?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item564da1fcfd

Yup, that's the newsstand. Hard part will be finding them in NM condition due to employee handling and whatnot. $50 is ridiculously high and it's not even NM.

It is the same cover, just no die cut. CGC may denote newsstand edition on these copies.

How can you tell the difference between newsstand and direct copies on the secondary market?

Newsstand copy will not have direct market in the UPC box. In fact, the UPC for newsstands looks a little different than what we're used to.

yes.. newsstands dont use that barcode numbering that regular issues do ..

example : regular batman is numbered 01311 I believe (off memory) to denote 013 (issue number) 1 (cover 1) 1 (1st print) - the 2nd print will be numbered 01312 .. and variants for the 1st print will be 01321 01331 etc..

the newsstand only has 13 listed w/ no room for printing and variants

in the case of this specific issue - look for lack of die cut cover, the lack of longer numbering near the barcode and the lack of direct edition label!