• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

lol the 1:700 is selling for insane money ... I'm not sure what the heck is going to happen in that issue, but the MJ Venom variant has retained its value so I guess I don't have any idea what Spidey fans want or will pay for ... I can think of a lot of other Spider-Man books that I would rather have for $1,000. Apparently the 1:700 book is selling for twice that on ebay.

That Hawkeye #2 auction ended at $41.00 with two noobs duking it out. Sus but possibly legit...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281011123411?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Still scratching my head on this one. Of the 30K+ printed, were most of them damaged? Or is Hawkeye the tits with the kids these days? Is he the newest character on My Little Pony?

Edited by awakeintheashes

Hawkeye seemed REALLY under ordered up these parts.

Matt Fraction is a hit or miss creator. He nails it with Hawkeye.

Most shops in my Phantom Variant program are reporting sell outs of Bedlam #1 in a few days

$3.50-$19.99

The next one is Deadpool #1

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-next--phantomvariant-is--marvel-Now--Deadpool--1--comicmarket.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=R1S8idLupys

Edited by LarrysComics

Most shops in my Phantom Variant program are reporting sell outs of Bedlam #1 in a few days

$3.50-$19.99

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-next--phantomvariant-is--marvel-Now--Deadpool--1--comicmarket.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=R1S8idLupys

This one is freaking awesome!! My son & I love Deadpool and you nailed it with this one!! Thanks Larry!!

$3.50-$19.99

Love the Deadpool & well done on the Phantom variants, it's a great idea.

BUT - Forbidden Planet?

Good luck finding one in NM in fact good luck finding one that you

don't have to pick up off the floor :P

$3.50-$19.99

Really?

How the hell do you grab these bargains for us?

Can you get me a Deadpool #1 variant?

It's a new issue so I want it!

Bedlam's sold out! :o

Dammit to hell.

I don't suppose you could look in the 'back room' and see if you have missed a 1000 or two? (worship)

Cause i really,really want to give you $30 for something that you can print for 25c and sell to the sheeples for heaps!

Yay..we love Larry!!

Actually Larry - I totally respect you 100% - no bull. (worship)

The old adage - fools and their money etc.

You aren't the fool.

Enjoy!

(thumbs u (thumbs u

$3.50-$19.99

BUT - Forbidden Planet?

The simple fact that they are one of the top THREE buyers, of modern comics in the world, speaks volumes.

Quality operation.

$3.50-$19.99

BUT - Forbidden Planet?

The simple fact that they are one of the top THREE buyers, of modern comics in the world, speaks volumes.

Quality operation.

Sorry but it's like comparing Primark with selfridges (sorry couldn't think of a US equivelant)

$3.50-$19.99

BUT - Forbidden Planet?

Quality operation.

They have a good business. I even buy from it but it doesn't mean I have to like everything about it... in my hometown there were 2x LCS. The closest one was an FP franchise and I loved it, nice staff too. They pretty much got me into comics. Can't fault that.

On the flip side like I said the online retailing practice is not something I think is great. Go look at the phantom variant now. £7.99. I reckon this will get bumped 25% @ shipping to £9.99. If you order 3 copies they are almost billing you for a fourth. It's just not transparent. The pre-order is only 2 weeks in advance. If they don't have their prices fixed 2 weeks before shipping then I don't know how they can expect to forecast. It's purely a money grab. Bait and switch. I can't personally name another retailer that does this.... (shrug)

As long as you read the T&Cs and know what you are committing to then there shouldn't be a problem... right? Still doesn't mean I have to like it.

This doesn't reflect on business partnerships or your variant... it's just an opinion about what FP do.

Watch and see. It's a hot book, they should just pop it up at £9.99 in the first place. They can always prove me wrong.

meh... :blahblah:

$3.50-$19.99

BUT - Forbidden Planet?

Quality operation.

Sorry but it's like comparing Primark with selfridges (sorry couldn't think of a US equivelant)

+1,000,000

Not sure what their reputation is in the U.S. but over here they are considered a joke by anyone who wants to find a comic which could grade any higher than 7.0

Sure, they have a HUGE amount of moderns but they seem to care very little about that side of their business. I consider them a glorified toy store which also happen to stock comic books.

I suppose high grade collectors should be glad of FP. They reduce the amount of 9.8's coming into they market by a considerable amount, thus increasing the potential value of books sold by proper comic stores.

Also, I've yet to meet an FP employee who was happy to chat with me about their stock. They are happy to take any cash, but after that, it's "Jog on geek boy, someone want's to buy some MTG cards".